ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫:: ꜱᴇʜʏᴀʜᴀʀᴀ

“Never judge a person's own choices when you don't even know what options they had to choose from

━───Force Control is a fundamental technique for every awakeners

According to the studies that Chiye had read from Kartein, force control is a technique that originated from long ago. It is the final result of countless studies of other awakeners who wanted to fully use their powers more efficiently , or to be way more stronger.

Everything about it is unfamiliar to Chiye who studied jujutsu, studied curses and exorcism. She thought, if her own world is mixed up with people like these, who could use their so-called 'awakened power', then the world might descend into chaos.

For Chiye who can see both the positive and negative energy in the world, witnessing Kartein's display of power is really considered an amazing experience. She has never seen something so pure.

A dense positive energy surrounds her, bringing immense comfort to her body.

Despite the fact that she wasn't the focus of Kartein's healing, Chiye is very sensitive to the energies that no normal person could perceived. Perhaps even the greatest awakened person in this world might not be able to sense what Chiye can.

Her curse technique also helps in absorbing the leaks positive energies from Kartein. It allows her to further understand the difference between curse energy and the power utilized by the awakened people in this world.

Her world could be considered a neutral. It posseses both negative and positive energy, and both are also considered as 'curse energy'. These two clashes with each other while on some occasions, they mixed. This created a balanced, a harmony of peace and chaos.

On the other hand, this world is full of unbalanced energy. It's almost brimming with positive energy.

Regarding the matter of the source of positive energy, Chiye is still uncertain.

Only, as she watched Kartein heal Jiwoo, she could also see clearly the positive energy from the surroundings gathering around Kartein slowly intensify.

‘So it's like that...’ Chiye blinked and pulled off the bandages on her eyes before tying it again to ensure the tightness.

Once Chiye is done, Kartein withdraws his powers at the same time, signalling the end of the healing session.

Stepping back, Kartein placed his hand on his pocket. His lips curve down along with his brows furrowing, “Hey, kid.”

Hearing the annoyance in Kartein's tone, Jiwoo flinched. “Yes?!”

Kartein, “Didn't I tell you not to use your force control without my permission?”

“I'm sorry!” Jiwoo quickly apologized. “I was just so happy that my core was fixed...So I tried it a bit. I would never over-exert myself!”

“Even without you telling me, I know you didn't use it a lot.”

“Oh...”

Crossing his arms, Kartein click his tongue, reprimanding Kayden's apprentice in his heart for noy following his words. This is why many patients ends up worse, because they don't follow the Doctor's words and treat it merely as a reminder. They just do whatever the hell they want and would always use the excuse that they didn't overdo it or that, they only tried it.

If it weren't for the fact that nothing serious happens, Kartein would've surely scolded this brat nonstop and then he would stop treating him.

Looking down, Kartein saw his own little apprentice.

Chiye was still leaning on the bed. Half of her face was buried in her arms while her covered eyes were 'staring' blankly at Jiwoo, or that's what Kartein guessed.

Looking at it, because Chiye is obviously top notch when it comes to appearance and also someone who possesses a face that could rival the goddess of beauty, which is why this scene looks more adorable and cute in Kartein's eyes.

Chiye looked like an obedient angel.

‘Great! At least my apprentice is such a lovable kid. Obedient and powerful too.’ Kartein finally calmed down and no longer cared about Kayden's apprentice disobeying him.

Kartein said softly, “Chiye, stand up. You can't sit on the floor for such a long time it's cold there.”

When Chiye really stood up and listened to him, Kartein truly felt what it's like to have an apprentice whom he wanted to spoil to no end.

Behind, Kayden rolled his eyes. “Favoritism.”

“Shut up.” Kartein glared at Kayden before turning his eyes on Jiwoo, who was paying attention to Chiye. “So? What happened when you used your force control?”

Jiwoo answered hurriedly, looking away from Chiye and placing all his attention to the two elders. “It hurt a bit. I still can't properly gather my power as I did before.” he explained.

Kartein frowned, “Of course, you just got it fixed. However...” remembering that this brat is someone who would sneakily disobey his words, Kartein sigh. “Remeber not to overdo it.”

Jiwoo was a bit shock when he heard that. He tense up and his lips curve up. His eyes were almost shining as he looked at Kartein with inquiry, “Does that mean I can use force control?!”

Kartein didn't answer immediately but he glance at Chiye. “You've been studying for some time now. What do you think?”

Chiye didn't expect that Kartein would actually asked her question. It's like a surprise exam, given under no preparation or advance noticed. It made Chiye a bit stunned but she quickly snapped out of it.

Pondering about what Kartein wanted to hear, Chiye slowly said. “Because his ability core was damaged and restored, right now it lacked the same attributes as the previous one. Using force control will have a positive effect on his body and it would heal quickly, so it would be best if he could try it a few more times.  But...overdoing it will surely bring forth undesired effects.”

Kartein's lips formed a grin. He nodded his head to show his satisfaction and chuckled, “Greag job.” after praising Chiye with his soft side, Kartein quickly reverted back into a grumpy beautiful man as he speaks to Jiwoo. “Remember, You can only use force control. You can't use your abilities yet.”

“Yes Sir!”

─────── · ·End of Chapter 25· · ───────