ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫:: ꜱᴇʜʏᴀʜᴀʀᴀ

"I always thought I was a person without no concept of reason for living

"I always thought I was a person without no concept of reason for living. But I suppose I was wrong, even someone like me can have a purpose in life"

 But I suppose I was wrong, even someone like me can have a purpose in life"

Chiye knew interacting with people isn't easy. She has been through countless torture, face so much inhumane training and could even put up with her asshole brother who thinks he's the best in anything when he couldn't even cook but no one trained her to deal with eyes staring at her like she's a lab-rat who suddenly gained special powers.

This made Chiye frowned, seemingly like she's already manifesting a small portion of dislike towards this person.

Thankfully Jiyoung Yoo realized that she stared too long and immediately cough in embarrassment. She said apologetically, "I'm sorry, please forgive me. I was just surprised to hear that you're Mr.Kartein's apprentice. Had I known, I would've buy something, I hope you wouldn't take this to heart."

She was genuine about giving gifts. After all, she wanted Jiwoo Seo to be treated and wanted him to heal back to his previous state as an awakened one. That is why, she feels like it's her responsibility to properly thank Kartein. But sadly she was not informed that Kartein had an apprentice, and that Kartein would forcefully treat Jiwoo's broken core.

Had she known, she would've surely brought something valuable with her.

"Tsk, what do you think of me? I'm not that petty. I don't need your gifts." Chiye stated bluntly. This was how she deal with Satoru. Since her brother was not allowed to meet her he would do his best at buying gifts his sister would enjoy.

Unfortunately, once the Gojo family learned of this they confiscated everything and burned it. They decided that it would be best to send Satoru in a mission and hide Chiye away, which sadly works making Gojo Satoru very angry to the point he nearly had a fight with his parents.

Despite his anger, Satoru who was still a student at that time doesn't really have much power to disobey his family, he also couldn't hurt them as it was something he refused to commit. Hurting a family was something Gojo Satoru couldn't tolerate.

So when the time comes that Satoru finally manage to do something in order to meet his little sister, he discovered Chiye no longer accept his gifts like before. His little sister fell into trauma after witnessing the things she cherished burn to ashes.

Jiyoung Yoo didn't understand the meaning of Chiye's words but she caught the hint of sadness and grief from her tone.

"I see." nodding her head she motioned to Inhyuk. "This is Inhyuk, you can contact him if you need something. I can allocate a room for you to stay if you'd like."

Chiye took the card that the man named Inhyuk politely handed to her, . "No need. I can stay here to wait for Mr. Kartein."

"If that's what you want."

Jiyoung heard from Kayden that Kartein would surely take a few days in order to treat Jiwoo's injuries. If that is the case then wouldn't Chiye, who is Kartein apprentice, have to wait here? She wanted to repay Kartein. In that case, why not take care of his apprentice for him while he's busy?

Unfortunately, Kartein's apprentice, Chiye, does not really need much taking care of.

She does what she want and sleep around without a care of her surroundings.

A day had passed...

Chiye was still sitting on the same sofa. In fact it appears like she already lay claim on it, acting like it was now her bed.

The familiar taste of takoyaki that she requested from Jiyoung was delivered to her just a moment ago, and Inhyuk made sure it has lots of flavor like octupus, shrimp, beef and etc.

“You want some?” Chiye quietly asked the man seated besides her. Earlier she noticed that Kayden seemed a bit tired, so she pulled some psychological tricks and manage to convince the man to have a rest so now he's sitting beside her.

Kayden glance at the mouth-watering takoyaki. He haven't tried these kind of food before. Japanese cuisine is not something he usually eats so Kayden, who feels curious at what it taste like, nodded. “Yeah.”

While Chiye and Kayden was enjoying the delicacy handed to her, a group of people suddenly came walking towards their direction. She knew that this floor is a V.I.P section, which means the only room this floor contains is Jiwoo's hospital room. That means these people are Jiwoo's acquaintance.

“Jiyoung!” A man with dual-colored hair called out to Jiyoung, his face showed a clear sign of worry and concern.  “How's Jiwoo?”

Behind this man stood another two people. One is a female and the other is a male. The three of them looked so worried as they inquire about Jiwoo Seo.

Jiyoung didn't hold back any information regarding Jiwoo's treatment. Upon hearing that Jiwoo is now being treated— even if against his will— the three was still happy but they couldn't show it. They were afraid that the result wouldn't turn out to be what they hoped for so they refrain themselves.

The first one who noticed Chiye who was sitting in the inner side of  the opposite direction is exactly the one who called Jiyoung the moment they arrived.

“Jiyoung, who's that?” Jisuk whispered to her sister, pointing at the girl who has blindfolds around her eyes.

Having stayed with Chiye for a half a day, Jiyoung had already figured out the fact that even though Chiye's eyes were blocked, she could still 'feel' them, or at least, Jiyoung thought Chiye is using her ability to feel her surroundings.

That's why she quickly use her ability to drag down Jisuk's pointed finger. She doesn't wanna face Chiye's flaring temper, and also knew that pointing at others is a rude behavior.

“Don't point at people.” Jiyoung warned sternly, “This is Miss Chiye, she's Mr.Kartein's apprentice.”

“Mr.Kartein? You mean, that Kartein?” Subin Lee who was listening at the side was shock. Then she noticed Kayden who was eating Takoyaki beside Chiye, and her shocked turned into being flustered.

Chiye felt her mouth twitch, wondering who these people are. “Are they Jiwoo's friends?”

“Yeah they are.”

“He had lots of friends.” Chiye muttured to herself, not noticing the slight envy on her voice.

Kayden frowned. He likes to be alone, but he would also sometimes feel sad when lonely so he understand Chiye, though he doesn't know what Chiye had gone through.

‘There's no was Kartein would accept a normal kid. This one must've gone through a lot.’

With that in mind, Kayden who usually doesn't care about others forked a takoyaki and shove it into Chiye's mouth, muttering back to her. “Eat. Don't think too much nonsense.”

Chiye: .....

—End of Chapter 16—
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Drowned: The love interest of Chiye! The love interest of Chiye will appear sooner!!!