CHAPTER 50

Muskan Assad P.O.V

7 months later

"Baji! I wanna feel the baby!"

Zahid shouted while throwing his bag on the couch. I chuckled and nodded my head while he came up to me. He sat beside and was hesitating but I took his hand and put on my 7 months baby bump.

"I,,,, feel it!"

He said excitedly while smiling widely. For the last 7 months everyone has been taking care of me. Baji Faiza was so happy when she found out I was pregnant. Her baby boy is the cutest baby ever. Bhai and baji has been staying with us since she just had a baby and because I was also 7 months pregnant.

Mommy ji has been taking care of every single thing. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is made by her specially and she will sit beside me till my plate is finished, and papa ji. He has been over the moon, He didn't miss a day when he didn't buy anything for the baby.

Bhai Sadiq, Saalim and Zahid have been there for me whenever I needed anything. Zahid enjoys listening to the baby and tells a lot of stories. Saalim is excited to spoil the baby and so is bhai Sadiq. When I told Mariya and Nadim about it, they were on cloud 9. They have been visiting me ever since and whenever they came they brought baby things and a lot of chocolates for me.

My baby isn't even born yet and is getting so much love from everyone. I am so thankful for such a caring and sweet family.

My dear husband, he has been too over projective. He shifted our room downstairs since he didn't want me to go up and down the stairs, since he doesn't want to take any chances. He doesn't let me go anywhere alone, he doesn't even let me shower alone, because he is afraid that I will slip and fall. He has been tolerating my mood swings and even cravings. I have been craving for sushi at midnight and never questioned me about anything and always got me sushi.

He is the happiest person on the earth right now. Whenever he comes back from work he has something to eat for me, baby clothes and toys. The first thing he does when he comes home is give me a hug and say how well I am doing, and then he would talk to our baby. If he could, he would have talked to our baby for a whole day.

"Get your hand of my baby"

"Bhai, that hurts"

Zahid said while rubbing his head.

"Stop hitting my brother"

"He should stop touching my baby"

I pouted while he smiled and sat beside me before pecking my forehead. He put his hand on my baby bump and caressed it softly.

"How is my baby?"

Just when he asked, our baby kicked. Yes, our baby responds to Sufiyan's touch and voice.

"Looks like she is doing well"

"Why do you keep saying she? It's a boy"

"No it's a girl"

We decided to keep our baby's gender secret. No matter what gender the baby was, we will love our baby no matter what.

"Change your clothes, you smell like gunpowder"

And my smelling sense is much stronger than before.

"Muskan, you need to finish this"

I looked at baji Faiza and saw her with a glass of milk. This is what I hate with pregnancy, they keep forcing me to drink milk.

"Baji, I don't want to"

I whinied while she gave me a playful glare. I pouted and she handed the glass to Sufiyan.

"She needs to finish it"

"Don't worry she will"

Sufiyan looked at me and put the glass towards my mouth.

"Sufiyan please, it doesn't taste good"
"No excuses, drink it"
"Hubby, janu, jaan, baby, love, please"

"Nothing is going to work, drink it"

I looked at the milk and closed my eyes and nose before drinking it. I handed him the empty glass while he smiled.

"Good girl, now let's get some sleep"

I would feel sleepy right after drinking milk, but it was nice to get some sleep after a long day. Sufiyan helped me up and then took me to our room. He helped me lay softly before covering me with a duvet.

"Sleep tight"

"Lay with me"

"I¨ll quickly change"

He took his clothes and went to the washroom to take a shower. In under 10 minutes he was back all fresh. He walked up to me and laid beside me before pulling me into his embrace.

"Sufiyan, do you still love me like before?"

"No"

I looked at him while he chuckled.

"I love you more than before, you look more beautiful under pregnancy"

"But.. i'm fat"

"You're not fat"

"I will get stretch marks"

"They will proof of how you carried our baby"

I really married the best man I could get. I smiled and gave him a long kiss.

"I like your pregnancy hormones"

"Because I kiss you first"

"Maybee"

He said before giving me a kiss on my neck. I smiled and put my head on his chest while he pecked my forehead.

"Sufiyan... what if... what if something happens to me during labor?"

I've seen a lot of cases where a mother dies during labor time. I don't want to leave my child or Sufiyan. I want to be there when my baby speaks his first work, when he takes his first steps, I want to see him grow.

"Nothing will happen. I will not let anything happen to you. You're my strong woman I know you will do it"

He said while making me look at him.

"If... If you have to choose between me and our baby, then choose our baby"

"It won't be needed, but if... if it was needed then no matter what I would always choose you"

He said before giving me a long kiss on my forehead.

"But-"

"Stop thinking about things which won't happen and get some sleep"

He said before closing my eyes. I sighed and held his hand tightly.

Ya Allah please protect my baby, please let me be with my baby.