CHAPTER 14

"Abbu, I'm in surgery, emergency medicine and ICU team"

"Congratulations my dear, it was your dream team... Mashallah, you're doing so good, I'm very proud of you"

"Thank you abbu... Actually.... I have a 72 hour shift today... I will be home in 3 days"

I hope he doesn't mind this.

"Dear, you're an independent woman now, you're a doctor, working hours will be longer than 72 hours some days... You don't need to call me everytime and tell me, I trust you a lot. I know my daughter. Do your best and remember to take care of yourself"

"I will abbu, you too. Take care of yourself. I'll see you inshallah in 3 days"

He ended the call and I looked at Ember who was looking at me while drinking her soda.

"Your father is one in a kind... I've never seen a father who supports his daughter this much"

"I'm very thankful for that"

She smiled and nodded her head. I stood up and looked at her.

"Shall we start our day?"

She nodded her head while she stood up. Our shifts start at 8 pm, and we have 10 minutes left. I headed towards my department while she also headed towards her. I walked in and saw the other doctors looking at me.

"Good morning... I'm Muskan Assad, one of the new doctors"

Everyone suddenly stood up and walked towards me.

"You're the first doctor in our team after 4 years"

A dark long haired girl said while smiling widely. They didn't get a doctor in their team for the last 4 years? The door to the room opened and Dr. Smith walked in.

"Good morning Dr. Smith"

"Good morning Doctors... Why don't you all introduce yourselves"

They all nodded and looked at me while smiling.

"I'm Jule Jones, I'm looking forward to work with you"

She was the one who talked to me earlier. She had long dark hair, her skin was a little lighter than mine and she had the most beautiful eye smile.

"I'm Antoni Davies, happy to have a new member in our team"

A blonde haired guy said while smiling. He was almost as tall as Sufiyan and he looked like someone who went to the gym... a lot.

"I'm Lucas Davies"

He said shortly. What I realized was that he looked exactly like Antoni. The same blonde hair, same green eyes, same height, Antoni was just a lot bigger than him, and Antoni seems like a friendly and warm person, while Lucas seems like a more cold person.

"I'm Rose Brown, nice to meet you Muskan"

"We're looking forward to work along with you Dr. Assad"

Antoni said while smiling. I smiled back and nodded my head.

"How long is your shift?"

"72 hours?"

Jule choked on her water and started coughing. I quickly patted her on her back while she took a deep breath.

"72 hours! Are you serious?"

"Yes, why?"

I looked at everyone and saw them all shocked.

"Mr. Smith said 72 hours right?"

I nodded my head while giving a tissue to Jule.

"Well, good luck... When Rose was new she had to work 48 hours on her first day... you can ask her the rest"