CHAPTER 41

Sufiyan Haider Ali P.O.V

"What is this?"

"Breakfast"

I said while handing Saalim his juice. He looked at the toast and sighed.

"Bhai... It's burnt"

"Did I ever cook in my life?"

Zahid sighed, took his juice and finished the whole class in one gulp. He took an apple and looked at me while giving me a fake smile.

"Next time just give an apple, that will be enough! And dinner... let's just order it"

"Good idea"

Saalim said before standing up as well.

"We're leaving!"

Saalim said before taking the car keys. Why do I feel like I have two children? I sighed and looked at my phone. It's been 4 days since Muskan left and I'm missing her... a lot. We do talk over the phone but the problem is, she doesn't sound like herself. She isn't cheerful and neither does she talk much.

I've tried talking to her, but she would avoid the topic. I'm planning on visiting her after work today, she will also be home from work till then.

*****

"Keep an eye on him and start preparing for the other case"

"Yes sir"

"I'm going to see the new officers... I will be back in 2 hours"

Jacob nodded his head while I headed to the field where the officers will be meeting. Once I arrived with the other head officers we sat on our chairs while the new officers stood in a line.

"We will be seeing your performance and then it will be decided in which department you will be working"

One of the officers said while the new officers shouted yes. There was a time when I was standing there and today I'm sitting on this chair because of Muskan. If it wasn't to get her then I wouldn't have been here. I had to become someone better to have her and I did. I only had one motivation, and it's Muskan. Whenever I did something it was because of her.

After looking at their performances many of us were impressed.

"Now all the head officers will introduce themselves"

I was the last one to introduce since my department was the hardest.

"I'm the head officer of the criminal investigation department, Sufiyan Haider Ali. This department is not a joke, you will be seeing dead bodies, you will be spying on people, there will be fights, guns. You will never know if you will return safely from a mission or not. I as the head officer will do my best to lead you, everything else is in your hands"

Everyone clapped and then we started looking through their files. Interesting.

"Thomas and Noah, you two will be in my department"

I said after looking through their files. They were the perfect officers for my department. Fearless and ready for anything. I headed back to the station along with Noah and Thomas.

"Sir, there was found a dead body by the lake"

I looked at Noah and Thomas before saying

"You have this chance to prove yourselves"

"Yes sir!"

We started the police cars and headed to the lake along with the ambulance, since we had to give the body for post mortem after checking everything.