CHAPTER 27

He didn't remember it, I thought he would remember it.

"You.... don't remember it?"

"I seriously don't know what you are talking about?"

He... doesn't remember it, did I expect too much? Maybe I did, but he promised me, we will talk to dad and then get things fixed.

"What are you talking about?"

"I... you... you promised me that..."

He kept looking at me waiting for me to finish my sentence. What if he is pretending not to remember? Should I wait till tomorrow before making a conclusion?

"You promised me that ... you would bring me rose bouquet"

He chuckled and nodded his head.

"I didn't forget that... Come on, I got you your lunch and dinner"

He said while standing up. He put his hand towards me while I looked at it. Do you really not remember it, or are you pretending not to remember it? I smiled slightly and put my hand on his while he helped me to stand.

He took me to the parking lot and opened the car door. I looked inside and was surprised by a big rose bouquet.

"Mr. Officer, I... I love it"

I said while taking the bouquet before smelling the roses. They were just like how I loved them.

"And here is your lunch and dinner Jaan"

He still calls me jaan, old habits once again.

"Thank you... What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Work, I will visit you"

I nodded my head and stood there. I looked at the time and sighed. Break over.

"I have to get back to work"

"I know... remember to eat... Looks like you skipped your meals while I was gone"

"Noooo!"

Maybe, sometimes when I cried and missed him too much than usual.

"Alright... take care of yourself"

I nodded my head while he got in his car. He started the car while I waited for him to drive away.

"I love you meri jaan"

I smiled while tearing up. I missed him telling me that he loved me, I just missed everything about and finally... he was here...

"I love you too"

I said while he smiled brightly before driving away. I stood there for a while and went back. Everything was perfect, but I just couldn't believe that he forgot his promise. I'm still sure that he is just pranking me to see how I react. I trust him, more than anyone.

*****

I was in my room relaxing reading a book. I had a free day today, mostly on Saturdays I had free days. Nadim and Mariya were in the living room watching a movie after dinner, and I was in my room. I made some snacks for them. Dad was also sitting with them.

There was a sudden knock on my door, must be Nadim, since he is basically the only person who knocks on the door before opening it. He opened the door and peeked inside.

"Do you need more snacks?"

"Yes and no..."

"Yes and no?"

"Actually, Baji Taifa is here along with bhai Sufiyan and his dad... Abbu told me to tell you to make chai and some snacks"

What is Baji Taifa doing here along with Sufiyan.