CHAPTER 15

I was on the terrace talking to Sufiyan who was lying comfortably on his bed after his exam. I chuckled when I saw him eating while talking to me. This guy loves food, and that's good because so do I.

"How is your first day?"

"It's alright, I'm enjoying my day"

He nodded his head and sat up properly before looking at me.

"What time does your shift end?"

"About that... I have 72 hours shift"

I said nervously while looking at him. He looked at me shocked before saying.

"It's your first day"

"I know... I'm in surgery, emergency medicine and ICU team..."

"Your dream team"

I nodded my head and started telling him about what happened, and how the surgery went.

"I need to go now, I'll call you when I get time"

He nodded his head and said

"Alright... Take care of yourself and especially your meals... don't you dare to skip your meals"

I chuckled and nodded my head.

"I love you meri jaan, take care of yourself"

"I will, you too"

"And....?"

I looked at him confused.

"I said I love you, what should you say back"

I smiled and blushed af little.

"I love you too"

I almost whispered. He smiled and then ended the call. I started to head back to the cabin and started doing my work. I looked through the different files of the patients I got for the next 72 hours. Around 4 pm everyone else started to get ready to leave.

"Bye!"

Antoni, Rose and Jule said before while taking their things.

"Byeeee!"

I said while waving bye to them. As soon as they walked out Lucas walked in. He didn't say anything and went to his table.

"How did Daniel's surgery go?"

"Good"

Just good? Can't he say anything more, not that I'm dying to talk to him, but we're colleagues, how will we cooperate with each other if we don't talk. I looked at the time and stood up and headed to Sofie's room. I walked in and saw Amenda checking Sofia. Looks like she just woke up.

"Hello Mr. - Mrs. Taylor"

"Hello Dr. Assad"

I looked at Sofia and saw her looking at me.

"You're not my doctor"

I smiled and sat beside her on the bed.

"I'm your new doctor... My name is Muskan, nice to meet you Sofie"

"Nice to meet you too, Dr. Pretty"

I chuckled and ruffled her hair softly.

"How are you feeling? Does it hurt anywhere?"

She shook head and smiled widely. She is such a positive child, I've never seen such a strong child before. I looked towards Daniel and saw him awake. I decided to take a look at him before heading out.