CHAPTER 31

"Muskan stop!"

I looked at dad with my hands full with a bucket of flowers.

"Yes abbu?"

"What are you doing?"

"Helping with the work, what happened?"

I asked worriedly while putting the bucket down.

"Why are you not ready?"

"I still have time-"

I said while looking at the clock and shit, I only had one hour left.

"Yes, that's what i'm saying my sweetie. Go and get ready"

"That's what we've been trying to tell her, but she isn't listening to us"

Aqsa said while wrapping her arm around me.

"Take her up and get her ready"

Aiza grabbed my other hand and pulled me upstairs to my room. I didn't want to have a big wedding or nikkah, just something simple. Just our families and relatives, at our house. I changed my clothes before sitting on my bed while Aiza and Aqsa looked at me.

"I want natural makeup..."

"We know"

Aiza said before helping me with my churiyan (bangles). They helped me with my makeup and then helped me to style my hijab. After 45 minutes I was ready when there was a knock on the door. Aqsa opened the door and I saw dad walking in all ready. He was wearing a white sherwani and I must say, he was looking good.

"Mashallah, my daughter is looking beautiful as always"

He said while tearing up before hugging me. He looked at me and held my hands before pecking the back of them.

"I'm sorry for being a bad father"

"No abbu, you are the best father, and trust me I've always been happy with you"

"No! I did a lot of things I shouldn't have done! I failed to see your happiness"

I shook my head while tears ran down my cheeks before hugging him tightly. He hugged me and I could feel him crying. Things were never easy for us, and life is not always easy and perfect. I know one thing, my dad has always tried his best to provide me with everything I needed in my life.

"Stop crying uncle and Muskan!"

Aiza said while whipping her tears away along with Aqsa. I pulled away and looked at them.

"You will ruin your makeup and then Sufiyan will run away"

Dad and I chuckled before he held my hands again.

"Thank you for this beautiful gharara abbu"

"I'm so happy that you like it, and it looks good on you"

Dad bought my nikah dress for me, since I had to leave for an emergency at the hospital. He bought a white gharara with a golden handmade design. At the bottom of the gharara it was full with golden design and so was it at the bottom of my blouse. The arms were full with golden design, and I loved it. It was similar to what I wanted to wear.

Muskan's dress:

"They will be here shortly, I'll come and get you"

I nodded my head and sat nervously on my bed and looked around. I had packed everything two days ago, and yesterday Bhai Sadiq and Saalim came to get my things. At the moment my room was almost empty, only my books were left which were also in 8 boxes.

I'm happy that I'm marrying Sufiyan, but the other side of me doesn't want to leave this house. This is where I grew up, this is where I learned everything.

"Hey don't cry"

Aqsa said while she and Aiza hugged me. I haven't seen mom for the last three days, and I don't know how to feel. Will I get to meet her before leaving?

After 1 hour dad came up to my room to get me. My one arm was around his arm and the other one was around Nadim's. I sat in front of Sufiyan and looked up. I couldn't see him because of my dupatta which was over my face and the flower petals between us.

*****

(I'm skipping the nikah ceremony, since I'm not 100 percent sure how it happens, since I've never been to one. I didn't want to write anything which isn't true)

Sufiyan finished signing and stood up before coming in front of me. He took my dupatta up and looked directly at me while smiling. e cupped my face and that's when I felt his lips on my forehead. I closed my eyes and felt the moment.

He pulled away and held my hands before helping me up. He was looking very handsome today. Just like on our engagement he had his hair in a man bun, but today he was wearing a white button top sherwani. He was looking extremely handsome.

Sufiyan's outfit:

"Finally... you're Mrs. Sufiyan Ali"

"I am..."

Everyone slowly walked up to us and congratulated us, then we took family pictures and I don't know when but it was time for my rukhsati.

"Sufiyan... I'm not giving you my daughter, I'm giving you a pure hearted girl, who will always think about everyone else before herself. I'm giving you a diamond. You have to do something I couldn't do, and I know you will. Project her and give her all the happiness she deserves"

"I will baba-ji... Muskan is my responsibility"

Dad pulled away from the hug and whipped my tears away but they kept running down my eyes.

"Stop crying, you're going to live happily, I know you will... Never hurt her Sufiyan or..."

"Don't worry chacha-ji, if he hurts Muskan, I myself will throw him out of my house... And I am serious... Muskan isn't my daughter-in-law, she is my daughter"

Dad nodded his head while hugging me for the last time. I looked at Mariya and Nadim, before hugging them. I will miss them, I will miss being with them, I will miss cooking for them, I will miss everything.

"Mariya... Take... take care of ammi... Please don't fight with her and listen to her... and... and take care of abbus medicine and ammi's and don't fight with Nadim"

She nodded her head while crying. I looked at Nadim and hugged him tightly. He is my baby, my little boy who grew up in my hands.

"Be a good boy and listen to ammi and abbu!"

He nodded his head and wiped my tears away. I felt Sufiyan holding my hands, I looked at our locked fingers before looking for the last time at dad. Sufiyan helped me into the car before sitting in the driving seat.

I looked out of the window and waved bye to everyone. I kept looking, trying to find ammi, but.... She wasn't there. Sufiyan started the car and started driving. So this is it, from today on, my next chapter starts.

"Today is for the last time I'm letting you cry"

Sufiyan said before locking our fingers together. I looked down on our hand and smiled in between my tears before nodding my head. He took my hand towards his lips and kissed the back of my hand. After a long drive, we were finally in front of Sufiyan's house. He helped me out while still holding my hands.

"Welcome home Mrs. Muskan Sufiyan Ali"

This is my new home, this is my new family. This is a new chapter in my life.