~47~: A plan... without it we might fail!

Start from the beginning

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha"

"Brother?"

"Some fine pope you are not fearing to shed any blood."

"My role is to help and aid the people of this empire. If that means to eliminate something like the pope which was already poisoning the church, then so be it."

"I really kinda like you."

Was it just me who thought that the conversation was a bit weird? It was definitely not something my brother and Micheal should be having right now. We had more important things to do but I did agree with Micheal since it was also my plan on getting rid of the pope. He was just someone who would do anything for his own good ignoring what others may say. It was too dangerous to have him around. An unpredictable variable which could destroy our plans if found out that is. This was the better option besides the fact that he was simply a bastard who was taking bribes for himself.

"Can we focus back on our topic?"

"Sure Vivi."

"Yes, we should do that."

"How are we supposed to tell them that they are fighting against beasts?"

"We don't."

"We can't just simply not tell them though!"

"We can! It is a battlefield. Everything can happen there."

"No brother. They are willing to throw their lives away for us! It would be wrong to deceive them."

"I agree with Vivi here. You might be used to the beast but these people are not. They will be with you on the battlefield too. Do you want them to be in a disarray? "

"No, I don't need headless chickens running around with swords."

"Then I suggest telling them about it before we arrive there."

"Alright....I will do that."

"Question."

"Yes, what's up Vivi?"

"What are you thinking, Vivi?"

"What if we surround the battlefield? In the front there will be our duchies knights and we could get from behind."

"That is a good plan but that also doesn't give us much of an escape route."

"Do we need one?"

Now it was my turn to look like an idiot. I didn't have any ideas about what a battle was looking like. I mean never in my entire life did I encounter a war before at all. Why should I know about these kinds of things anyways. I knew from a clueless beings perspective that surrounding the prey would be the best choice. Wolves hunt in packs and would usually do that as well if they had to take down a huge animal. So why not do that? I also didn't see the problem with the escape route because if our men were surrounding the prey then we had all the sides to escape too whenever we needed it.

"We do. As our Eminence here pointed out earlier. These knights have no experience that could help them. We need a way to make sure they will get to you two and get treated fast."

"Not only that but we don't know what is going on there. We might be running into a trap."

"I see.... But don't we like the surroundings to escape too?"

"In an ideal world, yes but not with a beast or a demon there. They will be hunting the men and not letting them escape until they are all dead."

"I'm starting to think that this battle will be cruel."