~17~: Favorite!

My father brought me into the house and to his room instead of the study or my own room. It was indeed a master bedroom but this was also a bit different because this house was huge and the rooms were huge as well. I could easily say that the small apartment I lived in was the exact same size as this one room alone. That was saying basically everything I had to say. Then again, the duchy was living a bit very luxurious. It might be due to the fact that dragons loved to have space or because they loved shiny objects. Something that everyone knew was how much dragons were actually greedy and possessive. There were millions of stories about this and I don't know if that was the case here but the whole house was filled with treasure that I even doubted the royal family had.

Once we got into the room, he sat me down on the couch and took place right across from me. There were two couches and a small table between us and it was in a corner a bit away from the bed.

"Did you want to sit on the bed?"

"I am fine."

"Vivi, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Hmm-mh...I don't believe that. You seem quite down."

Down?!

NAH-AH!

I just had the scare of my life!

I literally felt my soul leave my body!

Damn Diamond jumping out of the goddamn widow!

It could have ended soo badly and I am not tired of life yet!

"I am not!"

"Oh really?"

"Mh!"

"Then why did you hide from everyone?"

"...you know that too?"

"Look over there."

Ohh...

This is how Diamond found me huh...

He pointed at the window and I immediately got what he was trying to say. Through that window, I could see the tree I was on earlier and it made sense that he knew that I was hiding since he could see me. Then why didn't he tell the servants where I was? This question popped up in my mind but there was no answer to it at all unless I would ask but right now, I didn't have any intention of doing so at all.

Whelp better give him the present now... Don't know when else!

"Father, this is for you."

Without even much of a talk before I took out the handkerchief, I decided to give it to him on the spot directly and not beat around the bush. Was there another way than doing it like this? I don't know, normally I was the one who would bring over gift but never actually give something to family members only friends since my family before I transmigrated didn't like presents but each of us loved gifting.

"For me?"

"Mh."

I jumped off the couch and came over to give the handkerchief to my father. He took it and looked at it first before patting my head. He seemed definitely pleased which made me proud of it. This was all I wanted to see. There was no need for him to look angry or worried. The happy face he was making right now was in fact suiting him the best.

"I did it on my own."

"Complelty?"

"Mh!"

"How did you get this idea?"

"I wanted to give you something as well."

"Aww my daughter is just soo lovely, I can't help but spoil her even more."