Chapter 34

Lucifer:
Have you eaten lunch already?

He typed while casually sitting on his swivel chair. He just finished an online meeting with one of his business partners when Lisa messaged him. She was asking if he had already eaten lunch to which he answered no before asking her the same thing.

Lisa:
I haven't eaten as well.
I just finished something.
On my way to grab
some meal outside.

Sent a photo.

He smiled at the photo she sent to him. It was a photo of her, smiling in front of the camera with a peace sign. She looked cute in that pose. 

Lucifer:
Good. 
Don't starve yourself
while I am away.

Just then, he heard his bell ring from the outside. It must be his secretary with the document he had told him about earlier.

"Come in," he answered through his digital tab. The door then opened revealing Kim Soobin with a few men and women behind him. It was Jungkook's most trusted people, his group of secretaries, and some of his general managers from each department.

Kim Soobin along with the others, bowed in front of their boss before stepping forward to hand the files and report to him. He then urged one of the general managers of the Engineering Department to report regarding the pending project in Busan.

"Mr. Jeon, the files are already here. We had it reviewed by our consultants. For now, no defects have been detected. However, we are still trying to investigate the location of the project especially the incident that happened just a year back regarding the location being a minery." The man said while handing over the documents that they had compiled. Jungkook looked through it and saw that there were indeed a few issues regarding the location chosen by the Han Group. It seems that the matter is still not settled regarding that mining incident and the location is still not as safe as what the presenter of their company had described it to be.

Jungkook knew that if they were to push through with that project, the company would not only be at stake but it could also lead to the Jeon Group's long-term ruin. It seems that the Kims took them for a fool this time.

"Call the Hans. Announce an abrupt meeting with the BOD," he said to his secretary which Kim Soobin did in an instant. The Hans are dead this time, Kim Soobin thought to himself.

As time went on, everyone was finally done reporting. Ahn Eunha was the last to report to him. Everyone except Kim Soobin has left the office. 

"Mr. Jeon, these are the contracts that you asked for earlier. We have already revised and checked the amount of the contract and the conditions handed by both parties," Eunha said before handing him the contracts to be reviewed. 

"Hmm," he was flipping through the file when his phone beeped indicating that someone messaged him. Jungkook immediately put back the files and opened his phone to see her reply.

Lisa:
I won't, don't worry.
Don't starve yourself as well.

His lips curled upwards the moment he saw her reply. Eunha saw this and could not help but feel envious. She liked him before that woman. She liked him the moment she saw him back when they were younger. She has always liked him, but he never knew. Or perhaps he just never cared at all. But now, seeing him so happy and in love with someone else, she felt a pang in her chest.