Chapter 31

Pa!

She wasn't even given the time to react because by then, her head had already whipped to the side due to the abrupt impact. She could feel her right cheek stinging in pain which caused her to utter a sharp hiss under her breath.

Slowly, her right palm found its way to her stinging cheek, trying to ease the painful sensation left on it.

Everyone was startled. Shocked. Surprise. Name it and you'll see every emotion whirling on each of their faces. No one would have expected such a thing to happen right before their eyes.

They had just seen Kim Heesung slapping his biological daughter, Kim Lisa, in a public venue.

After a while of silence, Lisa tilted her head to fully face her father. It amused everyone to see the indifference and nonchalance in the expression that she wore. They expected her to be angry but not this, she isn't supposed to be calm after being slapped.

Even when she tried to conceal it, she could feel the back of her eyes stinging, tears forming in her delicate eyes. And yet, she refused. She refused to cry. Not again. Not in front of this heartless man who viewed her as nothing but someone who had murdered his beloved.

No.

Heesung flinched, startled at the sight that he lost his original composure. For the first time, after a long while, had he seen her shed a tear right before him. The last time she did, she was driven away. By him, of course.

A tear slid down her cheeks which she despised the most.

She could see the regret in his eyes. The shock is evident in his old, wrinkled face. But none of it affected her. Now, even if he apologized, the pain had already dug deep within her heart, shattering all the hope she had for this man. Two decades of patience is enough for her, and now her delusion has to stop.

Enough is enough.

He admits he regretted it. He regretted slapping her. He never meant to slap her even. It was just that he was so angered by her ferocious and sharp words that he couldn't think straight and just slapped her then and there.

The mother and daughter pair stood by the side. Watching as the scene unfolded before them. They had long expected Heesung to be angry but they never thought Heesung would be angry to the extent that he went straight slapping Lisa. It was a sight to see.

Tzuyu's lips curled upwards ever so slightly and disappeared very quickly. For her, it was appetizing to see Lisa's misfortunes each day.

Of course, her mother, Chou Hara, was more than delighted to have seen such an eventful thing.

Meanwhile, Oh Sehun, who had his arms wrapped around his fiancée, stood frozen. His heart skipped a leap at the sight of her crying like this. The two might have broken up a long while but that did not entirely mean he didn't care for her now. After all, he admits that he had once loved this very woman despite his infidelity.

Just then, as the atmosphere thickened inside the venue, a manic laugh boomed everyone like thunder. It was cold, indifferent, and sinister that it caused them to shiver in fear for dear life. At that point, the originally warm and peaceful venue was covered in an invisible icy frost and glaciers.

She just snapped. Kim Lisa just snapped.

A terrifyingly cold smile bloomed on her face scaring almost all the people inside. "I didn't expect Mr. Kim to be such a violent man, slapping a guest in public." One could hear the undisguised alienation in the tone of her voice, her words spat like a venom as though she was talking to a mere stranger.