Chapter 32

"Do you perhaps like me?"

It wasn't even a question anymore. Both of them were not kids anymore. They knew what they felt was real.

No questions asked.

But Lisa had to know. She wanted to hear. She needed to hear it.

She needed reassurance that what he felt for her wasn't just a simple infatuation. An affirmation, that's what she needed from him.

As much as she hates it, what Sehun and Heesung did took a toll on her and she couldn't find herself getting away from it.

Jungkook saw the visible hesitation in her. She looked vulnerable and he knew where she was coming from with all those that happened to her.

"If I say I no...," he trailed, his eyes scanning her features like a hawk. He didn't want to miss any of her reactions. He continued saying, "...will it change anything?"

She shook her head a no. But the feeling inside her said otherwise. She could feel her heart dropping at the second he uttered the statement.

"But if I say I do, what happens next?" He wanted her answer on this one.

She was stunned by that, clearly not expecting such a question from him. She stared at him not knowing what to answer to him.

What happens next, Lisa? She tried raking her head for answers but her brain said none. And so, she looked away, staring at the scenery outside the balcony.

He was exasperated hearing no answer from her, his eyes darkening at the second. To him, her actions meant that she was rejecting him. That thought did not sit well with him.

Lisa could feel the dark aura beginning to thicken around him. She knew her actions angered him.

She sighed. "I honestly don't know," said Lisa before turning to fully face him.

Jungkook's gaze softened at the sight of her vulnerability. It felt like something heavy was weighing him down.

"Let's give it a try," he suggested carefully not wanting to scare her away from him. He didn't want to rush things with her but that did not mean he would just stay still and do nothing about it.

"What if it doesn't work?" She bowed her head refusing to stare at his burning eyes. She felt pressured looking at them.

He lifted his hand, grasping her chin softly to meet her eyes. "That won't happen."

"We don't know that yet," she countered back. He sounded so resolute as though everything was already set and permanent, no one could ever change it. "We haven't even started yet. How can you be so sure it'll work for us?"

Jungkook let out a chuckle at that. His smile made him look more confident than ever, he said, "I trust myself."

She rolled her eyes at his witty reply. "Shameless." This man is just so shameless.

"Trust me, baby, I can be more of that." He huskily whispered through her ear sending shivers to her spine. "Try me."

B-Baby? She stared at him incredulously but was tongue-tied by the way he was smirking at her. She could feel her cheeks burning, her brown pupils trembling.

That looked hot.

His smirk. It's lethal.

Clearing her throat, she bit back in a small voice, "Is that a challenge?"

That made him raise an eyebrow at her, amused at how petty she was getting.

It was a wonder if they were still conversing or flirting because they sounded more like they were flirting now with all of those petty and witty exchanges.