Chapter 15

"Yes, yes. I know Grandpa. You miss me, that's obvious." She cackled a laugh while walking towards the kitchen island and poured herself a glass of water from the pitcher.

"Hmph! If I know, you're the one who missed me!" The old grumpy man harrumphed which made the woman laugh once again.

"Alright, you got me, Grandpa," Lisa stated in between her small, adorable giggles that seemed to entertain a certain old man's ears as he smiled softly over the phone.

But the old man is as stubborn as his granddaughter, he won't simply admit to that! He cleared his throat while motioning for the secretary to go and leave him alone to which the young man compelled without questions.

Once the man left the office, he did not resist the smile on his face anymore.

"Anyways, I called you about something. You don't have to sweet talk me," he said in his tender tone, the usual tone he uses when talking or pampering her.

"Oh? I know you like it, Grandpa."

"Shut it, young woman!" the man was irritated by the fact that this little brat had learned and got the same personality as him.

"Alright, I won't anger you anymore, Grandpa. So, what is it that you want to talk about?"

"It's about the birthday banquet of that wannabe. Are you going?"

Lisa's smile instantly dropped as she placed the glass back on the kitchen counter.

"Yes." Was her cold, distant answer.

"Was it that bastard's fault again? Did he force you to attend that shitty banquet again?!" He roared angrily.

Lisa did not answer. She just smiled and said nothing else. But of course, this silence was enough to affirm his speculation.

"That damned bastard!"

"Grandpa, calm down. It's alright. I'm fine," she reassured. She was concerned about his health knowing how impatient he was, it might affect his blood pressure.

"How dare he force you into that banquet!?" He inhaled sharply while his granddaughter consoled him over the phone. "I'm attending the banquet."

"Grandpa?"

"You heard me, child. I can't let them embarrass my granddaughter for some lowly outsider! I won't come there as a guest of that damned outsider, I'll be an escort to you, my child." He explained in one breath. Of course, he wouldn't just sit there and relax while they abuse his granddaughter and humiliate her. He's had enough of their bullshits. He had tolerated enough of his damned son's stupid decisions, especially the part where he decided to marry that woman into the family with her daughter just as scheming as her. His teeth chattered as he tried his best not to outburst knowing that it would only worry his granddaughter.

"Grandpa, are you sure about this? What about your businesses there?"

"I'll settle it. Besides, there are Jin and Jisoo. I can leave it to them."

Lisa smiled at the mention of them. She missed those two alongside the others. Those memories they shared as a child back when Lisa ran away from the mansion when she was eight years old after being humiliated and scolded by her father because of the scheme Tzuyu initiated at the school.

"Hm. Okay then, when will you arrive?"

"Two days. I'll book a flight."

"So soon? Do they know of this?"