Chapter 30

"Thank you for appearing on set, Mr. Jeon." The producer spoke sincerely. One could see his tail wagging from behind looking silly as he continued to stick to him.

"Hng." Jungkook hummed and yet his focus wasn't on the producer. His eyes continued to scan the crowd searching for a specific brunette head. Not one mattered other than her.

Kim Soobin stayed behind Jeon Jungkook all this while and had long noticed his boss' impatience. And as a loyal secretary, he has decided to come forward to stop the blabbering mouth of the producer.

Producer Hun was taken aback when the secretary interrupted his sentence and stopped him. However, he should be thankful instead. Jeon Jungkook is obviously in a bad mood guessing from the cold atmosphere emanating from his body. Unless you have a death wish, it's better to shut your mouth in order not to face his wrath.

"CEO Jeon is a busy man. If Producer Hun wishes to have a few more words with CEO Jeon, you might as well do it some other time," Soobin reasoned in a mild tone. Today is not the time to hug his thigh, alright?!

He looked momentarily embarrassed but nodded nonetheless. "Sure, no problem. It's alright. I apologize for the delay, Mr. Jeon."

At the same time, Jungkook caught sight of the woman who had just come out of her tent with only her assistant following closely behind. Without any word, he strode to her direction leaving the producer on the corner watching his back as he retreated.

"Eonnie, you might want to look ahead." Somi leaned close and whispered in a hushed tone. Her eyes keenly observed as the man approached their side.

Lisa stared at her assistant for a moment with a baffled expression. Then, she followed her gaze and caught his chilly gaze directed at her. Her breath hitched.

She didn't know why she was nervous in front of him, but she did. It's like her body would automatically react whenever he's near.

Just like a while ago. She remembered very clearly how she felt when she saw him in the corner, his eyes staring straight at her. It felt as though she was put on a hot seat under his pressuring glare that seemed to bore holes in her head.

Her hands tightened, and she almost ripped the hem of her jacket that she didn't know she had been gripping. She avoided his gaze and stared straight ahead. Suddenly, the wall seemed to be the most interesting object to stare at.

"Lisa."

Keeping her composure in check, she faced the man stiffly. "Mr. Jeon, I didn't expect to see you here," she said with a tone full of nothing but sarcasm.

Somi's jaw dropped looking shocked as ever. Soobin, on the other hand, had already expected such a bold retort from her for he had already seen it himself.

Despite her sarcastic remark, the man in question was nowhere offended and instead chuckled in amusement. His keen eyes scanned her unnatural and awkward expression before saying, "I'm glad to have exceeded your expectations then, Lisa."

They blinked. The almighty aloof Jeon Jungkook just went along with Kim Lisa's pettiness. Hallelujah!

Meanwhile, Lisa nearly rolled her eyes at him. "You're very much welcome, Jeon." Her blank tone and lack of enthusiasm seemed to entertain the tyrant as he kept his gaze only on her.

Soobin and Somi exchanged glances with each other feeling uncomfortable on the side.

Just then, an A-list actress approached them smiling widely. The excitement in her eyes was obvious as she said, "Mr. Jeon, I hope I'm not disturbing your precious time?"