Chapter 8

A few days after the incident she finally realized that the man she had saved was actually the renowned Jeon Jungkook—the heir and the standing CEO of the Jeon Group, she only thought his name and face were familiar but had never actually thought that he is just a typical big shot. But that still did not change her perception of the man—he was still arrogant and a total jerk in her eyes despite his immense background.

As expected from big shots; too arrogant and self-centered!

And then, she saw him at the bar that night. Although she was slightly thankful that he helped her escape the mess she was about to face, she was still annoyed that out of all people, she had to face him once again.

Alas! Why is it that everywhere she goes, this man's face is always in front of her!? In her heart, she refused to believe it was just a coincidence. After that, luckily, the guy did not bother showing his face anymore.

However, a week ago, she became rather uncomfortable with her surroundings. It's as if someone's stalking her from afar, watching her every move from the dark. Granted, it took her a few days to realize she was being monitored, in other words, she was being spied.

The person was, shockingly, Annie, the stylist, herself who was spying on her.

She has always been sensitive when it comes to her surroundings, she's had this thick, high walls surrounding her making it hard for anyone to go through it. She has always been guarded and alert so these simple details and tricks don't go unnoticed by her.

Honestly speaking, she wanted to confront the stylist about the matter. However, she knew better. The stylist will just deny it and act like nothing was wrong. The idea of someone lying in her face annoyed her so instead, she just waited for the right time and until then, she'll proceed with her next move.

Three days later, she got the opportunity she longed for.

Annie got a phone call in the middle of their shoot. The girl immediately made her way out and excused herself to answer the call.

Lisa silently trailed from behind, keeping her footsteps as quiet as possible. She immediately made her way towards the wall to hide herself when the said stylist halted and looked left and right as though confirming whether someone was following her. Lisa kept herself hidden as she adjusted herself in a small gap to get a clearer view of the girl's alert figure. After a while, Annie turned towards her phone before answering the call.

"Boss..." the faint voice of the stylist was what she heard from the place where she was currently standing. She adjusted her body posture and pressed her ear to hear their conversation. Since she could not hear the voice from the other line, she could only rely on Annie's voice.

"Yes, they're currently shooting." A pause was heard before she continued, "Understood, CEO Jeon."

CEO Jeon... of course, it's none other than the jerk she saved.

She gritted her teeth in annoyance and balled her hands into a tight fist. Her eyes held an uncontrollable flame that could burn anyone. These words were enough to ignite the rage in her heart and the assumptions she thought were nonsensical. Besides, assumptions lead to misunderstandings... unless it's the truth, that's another topic to discuss about.

And now, she's here...

to confront the man in question.

JEON Group of Companies

She walked inside gracefully as she headed straight towards the front desk of the said building. The young woman, probably the same age as hers, looked up to her in surprise.