Chapter 33

The frantic clicking of her heels echoed through the walls of the hospital. Kim Lisa did not care about elegance anymore, she stopped paying attention to her surroundings; one thing she cares about right now is her grandfather and only him.

The nurse looked startled upon her arrival. If not for the fact that she was still on her shift, she would've asked for an autograph from the woman.

"Nurse, where is Kim Tae-ho confined?" Asked the very anxious and worried Lisa.

The nurse glanced at her and then at the man standing behind her before answering her like a professional despite her giddiness inside saying, "Mr. Kim Tae-ho is currently under operation on the tenth floor in the left wing, Ms. Kim."

Without wasting another second, she immediately dashed towards the VIP elevator to go to the ICU in the VIP wing.

Jeon Jungkook was looking ahead, his worried gaze set only on her. He did not care about the nurses, doctors, and even the passersby gawking at him. Though he did feel infuriated seeing some male nurses, male doctors, and passersby gawking at his Lisa since there was an emergency, he calmed his temper for now. He might just deal with them later on.

He watched her frantic figure walking ahead of him. She looked so anxious, he wanted to give her a warm embrace yet he knew well that it was not what she needed right now.

The elevator finally came to a halt, stopping at the tenth floor of the VIP hospital wing. The woman immediately dragged herself out, running towards the ICU Area where a middle-aged man was patiently waiting at the bench in front of the room.

"Woo-seok-ssi," called Lisa as she stopped in front of the closed doors of the ICU. "How is he?"

Woo-seok sighed before shaking his head. "There's still no news about his current condition, Miss Lisa. It hasn't been long since he was sent inside the room," he explained, sending a sympathetic look to her.

That made it. Her guarded form crumbled the moment he finished talking, and a pool of hot tears slid down her cheeks.

For the second time, he saw her in such a weakened state and honestly, it wasn't the best sight. Seeing her crying like this was like a stack of knives stabbing his chest endlessly without restraint. It hurts him to see her in this state.

He willingly stepped forward, ready to give her the warmest and safest embrace that he could give only to her.

He won't force her and tell her not to cry, he knew she needed to cry it all out to ease her worry. He won't tell her those cheesy romantic lines from one of those novels. Instead, what he wanted for her was to feel that she was not alone, he was there. Always.

He's there for her and he will always be there for her. And that he's only one call away whenever she needs him.

"W-What do I do?" she uttered in a hushed tone only he could hear. She could feel the warmth emitting from his palm that kept rubbing her back.

"Your grandfather will be alright, love. You don't have to worry too much about it," he coaxed gently.

Lisa nodded, her head still buried in his arms. She felt soft in his embrace, her walls breaking tremendously. His embrace made her feel at ease yet vulnerable at the same time.

She knew in her heart that her grandfather would be all alright. Yet, she could not help but worry for the man who stood as her father and gave her love when she needed it in her most vulnerable state. She can't even imagine losing her grandfather at this point.

"W-what will happen t-to him?" She murmured before pulling away from his embrace. Jungkook now had a full view of her crying face. "We need to save him," she uttered while biting her lip to suppress her sobs. She glanced back towards the room, her heart thumping loudly against her ribcage.