Second Chance, New Beginnings | CrimsonRainSoughtDatAss

Summary:

If someone were to ask Izuku a year ago today how his life suddenly changed so drastically, he would not have an answer to give.

Izuku figured that perhaps it changed so abruptly because of his circumstances. With moving into a new house, getting a new job, and taking care of his kids on top of all that. It may even have to do with how Katsuki suddenly appeared, forcing himself into the little family of Midoriyas.

But the real answer?

That fateful day in the café, that sudden call late at night, all those unexpectant meetups... Well, that was just a new beginning. Izuku's second chance.

Notes:

Hello!

This is the first time I'm publishing a work on ao3. Hopefully I'm doing everything right lmao.

I hope you enjoy this fic!

If someone were to ask Izuku a year ago today how his life suddenly changed so drastically, he would not have an answer to give.

Izuku figured that perhaps it changed so abruptly because of his circumstances. With moving into a new house, getting a new job, and taking care of his kids on top of all that. It may even have to do with how Katsuki suddenly appeared, forcing himself into the little family of Midoriyas.

But the real answer?

That fateful day in the cafe, that sudden call late at night, all those unexpectant meetups... Well, that was just a new beginning. Izuku's second chance.

The café, Second Love, held a vibe of calmness— a sereneness that immediately drew Izuku in when he first applied, back when the café had just been freshly built, and newly furnished.

With its open plan connecting both the kitchen and the front counter, and the aesthetically pleasing wooden tones with a variety of plants framing the small café, what wasn't to love about it?

Despite knowing the draining hours and all the responsibilities the job would offer— especially considering he would be applying for the job of a baker, meaning he would need to wake up at the ungodly hour of 4 am in the morning to begin prepping— Izuku had decided to follow through with his plan of applying, and was eventually given a date for an interview.

His boss had introduced the job as being welcome to omegan employees. Izuku even found out that most of its employees were omegas. Not only was this place safe, but just what Izuku needed after living a life where alphas dominated over everything in society.

And after only two months of working at Second Love , Izuku was able to settle in, and was able to make new friends— of which he had a complete lack of previously. But, even after knowing all the responsibilities that would come with it, it really came back to bite him in the ass when he was least expecting it.

His child, his precious young daughter, was sick in bed with a cold. And Izuku, being the diligent worker he was (and also because he desperately needed the money) had no choice but to go into work. Although he knew his daughter would be fine for a few hours, he couldn't help but worry about her.