Chapter 7

Humans are weak, they need guidance, they need support. Miraal wasn't particularly a religious girl, she was a believer but not a follower. Her father's death made her realise how weak she was, all her life the strength she had was because of her father's support. She had her father's guidance but now she was all alone. From an early age, Haroon had instilled in her heart the love for her religion. In her weakness when she had nobody, she would bow her head infront of Allah and feel the strength.

Prayer has the power of healing, Miraal knew that after the trauma she went through she couldn't place her trust in anyone, how could she forget or ever forgive? How could she forgive a person who had tortured her physically and mentally? She didn't knew how she could ever recover from the trauma, right now it almost felt like she was in different timeline. As if a decade had passed, when she merely went through twenty days of hell.

Miraal felt bad for Zubiya, if she had been through twenty days of torture, Zubiya had endured twenty years of trauma. The scars she had, how could they ever heal? She was still inside the car, when Zubiya stirred in her sleep.

She opened her eyes and in the darkness saw Miraal staring at her, she screamed in fright clutching her heart.

"Ya Allah! Miraal tumne toh dara hi diya! (You scared me for a second!)", she exclaimed, Miraal chuckled and asked.

"Kyun Chudail dikh rahi hu mai? (Why? Do I look like a witch?)" She asked teasing raising her eyebrows. Zubiya pursed her lips as if thinking hard and nodded, "Haan bilkul, haseen chudail dikh rakhi ho. Teen din mai hi Khan ko deewana bana diya aapne toh (Definitely! You look like an enchantress, a beautiful witch. In merely three days, you bewitched him)"

She teased, Miraal flustered and playfully nudged her, "Kuch bhi, unko mujhse humdardi hui isliye unhoney meri madad ki (As if! He empathises with me that's why he helped me so much)", she said with conviction, that's what she firmly believed.

" Miraal, Khan bhaley hi acche insaan ho magar unhoney kisiki bhi khudse madad nahi ki hai. Aur agar ye humdardi hai, toh iska matlab hai ke unke dil mai tumhare liye jagah ban gayi hai(Miraal, Khan is a good man but he had never directly helped someone. And if this is out of empathy, then you should know that you have already touched his heart)", she said with a smile, Miraal blinked as she heard the sadness in Zubiya's voice.

"Miraal tum bohot pyaari ho, pehli baar kisine mujhe yaad rakha. Mera socha... Mai chahti hu tum humesha khush raho (Miraal you are an amazing girl, it's the first time someone has thought of me not as an orphan but as Zubiya. I want you to live a happy life)", Zubiya confessed with a heartwarming smile, her eyes thankful. Miraal still believed she hadn't done enough, Zubiya deserved all the happiness in the world and she wished she had known about her sooner.

Half an hour passed and Abraar finally entered the car, his mood seemed off as he started driving. Zubiya gave a questioning look to Miraal who shrugged in response, it seemed as if this palace was indeed cursed because as soon as they reached the Khan mansion Abraar exploded on the servants.

"Maine landline par chaar call kiye they, kisine uthaaya kyun nahi(I had called on the landline four times, why hadn't any of you picked up the call?)" he seemed agitated, angry as he scolded the servants for their carelessness. Miraal signaled Zubiya to make an escape to their room, Zubiya understood and they quietly left the hall.

It was awkward, Miraal had only seen his charming and silent side. This was the first time she had witnessed him being angry, and that too without any reason. An hour later, they were called for dinner, Miraal and Zubiya entered the room expecting Abraar to be already seated but he didn't come down for dinner.

"Khan dinner nahi karenge kya (Will Khan not have dinner?)" Miraal asked Mai, who shook her head. She felt a little upset and curious so after Zubiya had fallen asleep she went to the kitchen and found Mai cleaning it.