Chapter 17 continuation

Consider this a continuation from chapter 17 and a creative approach to the extent of betrayal. This book is angst but with Happy ending so you don't have to worry.

Warning: I might not get time to update for next two weeks because my schedule is packed.

____

She fought, her heart broke and she crumbled,
She was unbreakable or so she thought until the betrayal came,
It made her realise, she wasn't unbreakable,
She couldn't escape it,
She couldn't shed tears,
She couldn't change the reality,
As her truth flowed through her vein,
The monster she fought against for years was let free,
The girl who never gave up,
Finally gave in...

In the chamber veiled by moonlight's soft embrace, a haunting tableau unfurled—a symphony of shadows and emotions interwoven like a tapestry of midnight hues. The mirror, a sentinel of fractured reflections, bore witness to the tumultuous transformation unfolding within its silvery realm. Miraal stood before it, an enigma lost in the labyrinth of her own mind.

"I am Saira," she murmured, the words akin to whispered secrets echoing through the ethereal expanse. The truth, a tempest of revelation, gripped her heart like the tendrils of a midnight storm. Her metamorphosis unfurled, a dance of moonbeams that illuminated the fragments of her identity, both shattered and reborn.

Fingers trembling, she reached out to touch her reflection, each shard a jagged piece of her history. Memories drifted through the recesses of her mind—of a father's laughter, of stolen moments of joy. "Haroon Qureshi," she mused, the name a bittersweet melody that once serenaded her innocence. Yet, the revelation of her true parentage had severed the strings that had tethered her to that memory.

Amidst the chaos of her thoughts, Abraar's visage materialized—an enigma draped in shadows. "His touch was a masquerade," she thought, her voice a mournful whisper, the tendrils of her betrayal winding around her heart. The love that had cradled her soul had been a veil for his ulterior motives, a web spun to ensnare her.

A man who had insinuated himself into her heart, only to sow chaos and despair. "He coveted the Mirs through me, through our tainted union," she spat, her voice a viper's hiss, a manifestation of her smoldering anger. The love she had cradled was a vile masquerade, a mask he had deftly manipulated her into wearing.

Within the broken fragments of her reflection, she felt herself waver—a tremor that betrayed her vulnerability. "I am not Miraal," she admitted, her voice a confession torn from the depths of her being. The girl who had once donned the name felt like an echo, a specter trapped within the confines of memory.

Self-loathing surged forth like a tempest, an ache that etched its mark upon her very soul. "I bear the taint of a monstrous legacy," she hissed, her words dripping with the poison of her revelation. The knowledge of her tainted bloodline was a weight she couldn't escape.

Her gaze fixated on the mirror, its reflection a cascade of shattered images—a poignant metaphor for her fractured identity. "Abraar's deceit," she spat, the memory of his deception a thorn that pierced her heart. The gentle words, the whispered vows—they were all facets of his intricate plot.

The echoes of her unraveling reverberated through the labyrinth of her psyche—a symphony of madness and lucidity that crescendoed into a cacophony of torment. "Mirs are the shadows society shuns," she murmured, her laughter a haunting requiem that spiraled through her consciousness.

The boundaries of her perception blurred and dissolved, reality a shifting canvas as the fragments of her mind fractured further. "In a world that condemns, I shall embrace the darkness within," she pondered, her thoughts a mantra that resonated through the tumultuous landscape of her inner world.