{Plot 3}• CHÁPTËR XXI

Start from the beginning

He stood by me even when everything felt like it was crashing down on me, like my whole world was crumbling right beneath my feet. But now, after opening up my heart and letting him in, he became my very source of hope, the very essence that kept me going and brought me back to life. He swept me off my feet and left me completely flustered. He gave me a new life, by his side. As his queen.

I couldn't have asked for anything better. He was everything to me, everything mama wished for me.
Flashes of our most intimate moments together crept into my mind, making warmth blossom across my cheeks. How he always managed to leave me speechless with every sheepish act of his, the way he held and touched me like I was the most precious piece of artwork he was unraveling, finding a new body part to adore and worship. I never knew I could be so attracted to someone, I never thought or understood it possible to be so fascinated and enticed by one person to know that no matter what he would always be the face of my deepest desires.

I would never admit how much he had an effect on me and maybe he already knew but every act of his left me completely spellbound and wanting more. More of him. So much more and I'd never get enough of him. His spicy scent- a mixture of honeysuckle and morning dew always tickled my senses and left me feeling hot with the most shameful thoughts clouding my mind.

I danced excitedly, squealing and holding the book tight against my chest. It had almost skipped my mind that the mysterious reason behind the books I kept finding was non other than Darius. The fact that he knew exactly what genre that peaked my interest left me feeling even more love struck. I threw my head back, gazing into the blue skies and grinning with closed eyes, my body swaying to the direction to which the wind blew, carrying my hair along with it.

"Princess" a light masculine voice sounds, making me jolt and almost jump out of my skin in fear. I turned around sharply, my breathing haywire and the book I held now being clutched for dear life.

I sighed, "Oh, Finley. It's you". I try to pull a small smile but it only comes out uncomfortable and forced, " Y-you scared me"

"My sincerest apologies princess" he softly spoke, tender eyes regarding my still startled expression.

"It's okay. What brings you by Finley?" I ask, ready to get back to my romanticizing and let out the heavy breath I was holding.

"His Excellency, the king desires your presence in his conference room" Was he thinking about me too!?

Sugars.

I try to hide the happy flustered expression that held me firmly, "Okay, thank you"

With that Finley takes a curt bow and walks away with long strides. I take an extra moment to breath and calm my erratic heart before following inside in Darius's conference room direction. I try to hide my wide smile and continue to nervously tuck my hair behind my ear. Okay, why the hell was I behaving like it was the first time I'd be alone with him. Get it together Audrey.

Arriving at the door I was acknowledged and greeted my the guards, but on getting there I stopped in my tracks once Darius's voice reached my ears.

"Get out. All of you!" His voice thundered, resonating through the whole floor. I winced, poking my head into the little gap in the door to see the four men, two of which were dressed in guard uniforms while the other were dressed in fine silks. Probably Lords.

Maybe it wasn't such a good time. I stood straight, stepping back as the four men filed out of the room, bowing to me before disappearing, their faces a mixture of fear, frustration and embarrassment. My pity went out to them as I continued to stare at the door before me. Inhaling a deep breath I pushed it open further, stepping in all the way. I let my eyes regard the large, dimly lit office like space. The table was a long mahogany with four seats before it and one big black leathered seat where Darius currently sat, hunched over with his head in his hands. He didn't seem to realise I was currently in his presence and I was going to take full advantage.