~44~: ... What are you doing here?!

Start from the beginning

The butler was the one who led us to the room with the Viscount and his wife. However there was another guest, whom I hadn't expected to meet at all. Not only did I freeze immediately when I saw the guy but I kinda started to feel nervous and even caught red handedly. I could feel my body tense up because of it and I was sure Micheal knew why.

Right there in front of us was no other than my very own brother. He was sitting there talking with the Viscount and his wife about something when we interrupted but this didn't really make any sense if not for him already knowing who I was.

"Ah the Saintess, I hope you are feeling better now."

"Yes, thank you very much."

"I am really glad we could help you out after you healed my incurable disease. Now I can live with my husband for a long long time. "

"..."

I didn't know how to reply to them when all I could focus on right now was the man sitting right next to them. This brother of mine was giving off soo much pressure that it was actually choking me and I knew this was just something my mind came up tio and that it was not reality but I felt awful being right there.

"I think, I haven't had the pleasure to meet you yet. I am Micheal-"

Before our dear high priest and next pope could finish what he was saying, Ryan decided to cut him off and instead focus on me. Yes, there was no denying it. He knew who I was and he knew that I was not coming home intentionally because there was no one who could have stopped me from going back if I wanted to after all. Still this was kinda a very hard to describe situation nonetheless awkward too.

"Long time no see Saintess."

Not only did he just simply ignored Micheal but he also stood up to come over and then kneel in front of me to kiss my hand. This was definitely no normal behavior and I could tell my brother was playing with me a bit. For me however, this was more than just dangerous since I didn't know how to react at all. I was just flabbergasted.

"Pfff- seems like you haven't changed at all."

"I am sorry Viscount, but can we have a word with the heir to the Underwood duchy for a bit?"

"Of course."

"Oh dear, it seems as if they know each other. Are you sure it is alright to do that?"

"Honey, it will be alright with the next pope in the same room with them."

"I see."

It was a small discussion between them but I could tell that the viscountess somewhat read the mood in the room between me and my brother. We were no strangers indeed, however we were acting more than suspicious towards each other which would raise more than a bit of worries normally. However, seeing as the Viscount thought that it would be alright seeing as I was not alone, he might have had a clue about what was going on or they even had talked about it a bit earlier before we came into the room.

No matter how I looked at this situation, for me it seemed as if the Viscount was trying to run away from this awkward situation and left us three alone in the room.

"Now please explain to me how this happened."

"There is nothing to explain."

"There is! Why are you not coming back!"

"I don't think that is something you should ask after going out to war with the crown."

"And you shouldn't butt into the family business of others."

"I shouldn't but I will since she saved me."

"Both of you stop it!"

I felt it. My hair was standing up straight and I knew that they were about to fight each other. In terms of battle, I was sure that my older brother Ryan had the upper hand. However I also knew that Micheal had an immense holy power laying dormant in him. If the next pope could use it, then they would be on equal footing despite their age gap. Still this was not something I wanted since there was absolutely no need for a fight at all.