Chapter 90: The Heart Never Forgets

(Brooklyn's POV)

Me and Katie are at a cafe. I smiled at her as I took a sip from my coffee. I heard something start to buzz. I saw Katie pull out her phone.

Katie: It's Ivy. I should take this.

Brooklyn: Go ahead.

Katie accepted the call and put it on speaker phone so I could hear Ivy too.

Ivy: Katie?

Katie: I'm here. I answered the phone after all. You're on speaker phone, just so you know.

Ivy: Ok, I don't want you to panic, but (Y/N). He definitely has Imperium's Power.

I felt myself choke a bit on the coffee in my mouth.

Brooklyn: What do you mean by that?

Ivy: I saw him. His hair went red and the energy level, I can just feel the unending amount of it.

Katie: What did he do when he achieved that level?

Ivy: He stopped some criminals. So at least he's using it for good... For the time being.

Katie: Thanks for informing us.

The call ended. I started to tap on the table, trying to get rid of all the nervous energy that appeared in my body. How has (Y/N) already gotten back to that point? It shouldn't be possible. He shouldn't even be able to remember how to do it. His memories are decaying, I know they are.

Katie: Hey, are you ok?

Brooklyn: Hm? Y-Yeah, I'm fine.

I need to make sure (Y/N) loses his memories completely.

(Davidson's POV)

I hung up on the call with Ivy. She just told me a status update with (Y/N). I put my phone in my pocket. I clenched onto my trident tightly.

Davidson: This isn't great news... But good thing everyone has been training just in case something like this would happen.

I turned to look at the crowd standing in front of me. A bunch of Heroes that I have to train.

Davidson: Listen up! We might have a war on our hands soon! I'm going to make sure this training will be absolute hell! Since threats will be even worse than that!

I looked in the crowd and saw Cody and Chris. Good to see those two are still trying to be Heroes.

Davidson: I know most of you have fear in your hearts! And I can understand! After Super's death, so many Heroes became discouraged, villains suddenly got a lot more courage to act, and civilians are always on edge! But in this kingdom, fear has no place in its inhabitants! Your King will not allow it!

Chris: Must he say this speech every time we come to train?

Cody: It does it's part in boosting moral.

Chris: And just how effective is it?

Cody: ...Hm. It's around 87% effective.

Chris: Wow, that's actually more than I thought.

Cody: Your honesty is 100% likely.

Davidson: Due to the seriousness of what might befall us, training will be extra extreme! Everyone will fight me at once! But I will be not be holding back!

I said as black energy started to escape my body. I smirked as I readied my trident.

Davidson: Don't forget to communicate with each other! Even just speaking to each other during a battle could be a matter of life and death!