Chapter 31: Super's Power

(Dave's POV)

I launched some ice at Super. Her husband got in the way and a purple blast of energy destroyed my ice.

(Y/N)'s Dad: That won't work.

Ivy: Oh yeah?! Try this then!

Ivy grew a pair of wings on her back and flew up into the air, but she is barely above the ground.

Ivy: Stupid weights.

I heard her say under her breath. She grew some feathers on her arms and threw them at (Y/N)'s father. He snapped his finger, sending all the feathers back at Ivy.

Ivy: Oh crap!

She got rid of her wings and grew a pair of claws, digging into the ground.

(Y/N)'s Dad: What did I say about destroying the lawn?!

A purple light started to come from the hole Ivy dug. Ivy started to scream and was blasted out of the hole. I ran over to where she is going to land and caught her. I looked over at the hole and dirt, that's covered in purple energy, filled the hole.

Dave: What kind of Power is that?

I dropped Ivy on the ground. It's way too tiring to hold her, especially with her weights on.

(Y/N)'s Dad: It's nothing too special. I call it Energy Control. Everything has energy, even something as common as dirt. I can manipulate that energy.

Ivy: Wait, so does that mean you can control our energy?

He just smirked and moved his hand in a "come at me" motion.

(Y/N)'s Dad: I guess you'll just have to find out.

Ivy: So cool!

Ivy got up and tried to run at (Y/N)'s father. He pointed at Ivy, making a purple aura surround Ivy. She fell down to the ground and couldn't get up.

Ivy: I... Can't move...

Dave: Such great strength.

No wonder (Y/N) is so strong. His parents are monsters when it comes to strength and power.

Dave: Are you some kind of secret Hero? Because I'm positive my mom would've mentioned someone like you.

(Y/N)'s Dad: I'm no Hero. I just get special privileges to use my Power because Super is my wife.

Super: I never thought the people at the Hero Government would give him a license for him to use his Power, but here we are.

I surrounded myself in lightning, trying to get closer, but these weights are making me insanely slow even with me using my lightning for speed. I got right in front of (Y/N)'s father and tried to punch him. My fist got a few centimeters from his face when a purple aura surrounded my body.

Dave: N-No...

I couldn't move my body, no matter what. I got sent down to the ground, next to Ivy. The purple aura around us disappeared. I looked up at the man looking down at us.

Dave: Please. I wish to know the name of the man with that kind of strength.

(Y/N)'s Dad: ...The name is Kane.

Ivy: You're crazy strong. Is there anyway to counter you?

Kane: There is. But I'm not nice, so you'll have to figure that out yourself.

Ivy: That's fair, I guess.

Dave: Why aren't you a Hero? Villains would surely quiver in fear if they saw you.