Chapter 4: Katie's Courage

(Katie's POV)

I looked out the window and saw (Y/N) jump up into the air, escaping my field of vision. I turned around and walked upstairs. I made it to my room and opened the door. I took off my backpack, putting it next to my bed and laying down on my bed. I looked up at the ceiling.

Katie: Why didn't I ask him?

I slapped myself on the head. I heard a knocking on my door and it opened, revealing my big sister.

Alexis: Heya little sis. How was your day at school?

Katie: It was fine.

Alexis: Did you get the courage to ask (Y/N) out?

Katie: No...

Alexis walked up to my bed and sat down next to me.

Alexis: Why not? I remember you telling me over the summer that you would ask him out when school started again.

Katie: I was... But a new girl showed up and ruined it.

Alexis: Oh. I see. What happened?

Katie: She had a sparring match with (Y/N) and is all over him after that.

Alexis: Let me guess, her breasts are bigger than yours, right?

I felt my face fire up. Alexis giggled at me and patted me on the head.

Alexis: You were always the self conscious type.

Katie: A-Alexis!

Alexis: I'm joking. Don't worry. Stop making that face of yours red.

I sat up and moved her hand away from my head. Alexis sighed and looked at me.

Alexis: Listen little sis. It doesn't matter if you have a big chest or anything like that. It's about what's inside of you.

She poked on my chest, where my heart is.

Alexis: (Y/N) is a nice guy. I'm sure he doesn't matter about stuff like big breasts.

Katie: I guess you're right.

Alexis: You better ask him out soon, or someone else will take him. And with him being a cutie, it won't be long. Who knows, if he's free when he graduates, I might try shooting my shot.~

Alexis gave me a playful smile. I felt my face get even hotter and I started to hit her on her arm.

Katie: Get out of my room!

Alexis leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead.

Alexis: I want you to promise me something.

Katie: What is it?

Alexis: Ask (Y/N) out tomorrow after school.

Katie: What if he says no?

Alexis: It's better to ask and know the answer than not asking and wondering for the rest of your life.

I thought about what she said. If I don't ask (Y/N) out, then I'll regret it for the rest of my life. I gave my big sister a nod.

Katie: I promise.

Alexis: That's great to hear. Just make sure to keep your promise.

Katie: I will. Now please get out.

Alexis: Aw. You don't want to hang out with big sis anymore?

She got up from my bed and left my room, closing the door behind her. I reached down to my backpack and opened it, grabbing my homework.