Chapter 21: Dave's Resolve

(Isabelle's POV)

I opened my eyes. I looked around and I'm in a medical room. I sat up and tried to get out of the bed I'm in.

Smith: Please, stay for a bit.

I looked towards one of the corners of the room and saw a bald man wearing a suit. He took a step forward towards me.

Isabelle: Stay right there!

He stopped himself and nodded. I reached into my coat, looking for my machete, but it's not there.

Smith: We already took all the weapons you had on you. I just want to ask a few questions.

He took another step forward. I pointed my hand at him. A yellow aura surrounded him, freezing him in place.

Isabelle: You're not getting any closer.

He just smiled at me and the yellow aura disappeared.

Isabelle: What the hell?! How did you do that?!

Smith: It's the collar on your neck.

I put my hand in my neck and felt a metal collar around it. I tried to take it off, but I felt a shock from it, making me stop.

Smith: That collar is a special one. When someone wears it, it makes it so that the person can't use their Power.

What?! That shouldn't be possible! Just who the hell is this guy?!

Smith: You wanted to kill Super and her son, correct?

I just stayed silent.

Smith: Not wanting to talk? That's fine. I just want to know why you want them dead. Was it your idea, or did someone send you?

Isabelle: ...I'm not telling you...

He sighed and walked to the door.

Smith: I guess I'll have to ask some other time. Look out of the window by the bed, it gives you a perfect view of the tournament arena. You'll be staying in this room for awhile. This room is being heavily surveillance, so it's in your best interest to not try anything.

He opened the door and walked out the room, closing the door behind him. I heard a clicking noise, most likely from the door and meaning it's been locked. I sighed to myself.

Isabelle: So this room is wired, I shouldn't say much.

I whispered to myself. I looked out the window by the bed I'm in. I saw that Dave kid standing in the middle of the arena. Did he actually win the tournament?! I'm going to have to ask Him about what I should do with Dave.

(Dave's POV)

I saw Super jump up from the platform she's standing on and landing on the arena.

Super: Now it's time for this boy to show me what he's got in a friendly sparring match!

The crowd got excited. My heart started to beat faster. I'm getting a little anxious to fight Super, the Hero above my mother. Super walked up to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

Super: Don't be so nervous. You're not a criminal, so I won't be going all out.

Dave: Right. Thanks.

Super smiled at me and jumped back, getting some distance from me.

Super: To make this fight fair, I will be forced to wear weights to slow me down!

Some of Black Knight's tendrils went to Super and gave her some weights. She put them on her arms and legs. I looked at the weights and they say 100 tons on each on. She's wearing 400 tons and still standing?!