Chapter 8: Misunderstandings

(Ivy's POV)

Katie: Ivy said you two are dating to your mom?!

Katie shouted at (Y/N). I'm glad a lot of people are talking in the cafeteria, so no one heard her or they weren't paying attention in the first place.

Ivy: It's not that big of a deal.

Katie: Not a big deal?! Don't you feel bad for lying to your idol?!

Katie has a point there. I started to think about it. I got the chance to talk to Super and the first thing I do is lie to her. Oh no, she's going to hate me now! I felt a hand get placed on my shoulder. I looked over and saw it was (Y/N)'s hand.

(Y/N): My mom won't care that much.

Ivy: Are you sure? From the interviews I've watched, she said she likes honest people.

(Y/N) thought about what to do.

(Y/N): I know. Just tell my mom it was a misunderstanding.

Katie: Misunderstanding?

(Y/N): Yep. Just tell my mom that you are my friend that's a girl. A girl friend.

Ivy: Ooooh... That makes sense! Thanks.

I heard someone slam something on the table me, (Y/N), and Katie are sitting at. I looked over and saw Dave sit down with his food tray in front of him.

Dave: I can't believe this!

(Y/N): What's wrong?

Dave: I try to eat with the people of my kingdom and everyone banished me!

Ivy: Maybe because you keep calling yourself a king. It's making you sound like an ass-

(Y/N) covered my mouth with his hand, stopping what I was saying.

Katie: You can sit with us if you want.

Dave: Thank you fair maiden!

I removed (Y/N)'s hand from my mouth. I looked over at him and stuck my tongue out. I started to eat my food.

Katie: So Dave... Why do you want to be "King"?

Dave: Easy. I took a DNA test when I was young and I found out my lineage is full of royalty! So I vowed that I would continue my family's tradition!

Ivy: Aren't DNA tests scams? They just say you're a part of some big bloodline just to get your money.

Dave: I know in my heart that I am royalty. My blood can not lie to me! Everyone drop is telling me I'm destined to be king!

(Y/N): At least he isn't lying to himself.

Dave: And you will help me become king, Rival!

Rival? I know Dave did somewhat hurt (Y/N) in their fight, but I don't think they would be good rivals.

Katie: He has a name you know.

Dave: I know his name, but he will not hear my gorgeous voice say his name until I think he deserves it!

Katie and Ivy: What?!

(Y/N): Oh... Then I guess I'll have to work hard to hear you say it.

Dave: That's what a king likes to hear!

Now (Y/N) is encouraging him?! I'm this close to kicking Dave out of here. I heard the bell ring, meaning lunch is over.

Ivy: Man, now I have to go through history.

(A Few Minutes Later)

Cipher: Now today's class will be about-

I rested my head on my hand and my eyes started to close by themselves. I started to think about being out in the streets, fighting crime, and being the coolest Hero. I saw someone walking towards me. I looked closely and it's (Y/N). He got right in front of me and wrapped his arms around me. I felt my heart start to race.