47 - ὄᾗἔ ł︎ᾄṩҭ ҭἷм︎ἔ⚠︎︎

"Thank you for tonight," I tell Izanagi when I walk into the living room and see him sitting on the couch

"For what?" he asks, with a small laugh.

"For helping me avenge my mom. I killed her killers and it feels good. I want to think that I couldn't have done it without you."

Izanagi stands up and walks to me. He towers over me, making me lift my head to look up at him. "You are the most powerful woman I have ever met, Lilith. I have no doubt in my mind that you could've done it all on your own koibito.

I take a deep breath and he cups my cheek. "Koibito. You said it earlier but I wasn't sure. It's nice, what does it mean?"

"Sweetheart."

I-

Ugh.

My chest starts to hurt, and I only say that because of how embarrassing it'd be to say that by chest, I really mean my heart.

"Why are we going our separate ways again?" I say in a whisper because that is all my voice could do after I tried so hard to stay silent.

He sighs and he-

He hugs me.

I mean really hug me.

He buries his face in the crook of my neck, not bothering to care about my coils covering his entire face.

He wraps his arms around me and holds me, so fucking tight. So-

Hell, he holds me like he wished he was glued to me, like it hurts him to let me go.

"Because if we don't, we're going to die. You know I thought about asking you to stay here so we could fight them together? But it wouldn't work. The two of us aren't enough to take on two of the most powerful organizations in the world and they're both linked together by one man, one who has the manpower of making sure we can't escape him."

My chest (heart) sinks, and I sigh. "I know."

"And because you want us to."

I stay mute.

Because I want us to.

"Izanagi, I- I don't want to-," I pull away from him. "Yeah, because I want us to."

He stares at me and a soft smile escapes his lips.

"Here's a thought," I say with a small, nervous laugh. "Since we're never going to see each other again, how about one last time?"