48 - ʀὗᾗᾄᾧᾄẏ в︎ᾄв︎ẏ

"Forget a few days from now, we need to go our separate ways now

"Forget a few days from now, we need to go our separate ways now. We need to run today!"

Run.

"What?" My little devil says, at a loss for words.

"Them telling us to run isn't a threat Lil, it's a chance. They're granting us a chance to run and get a headstart because we're caught. They've got us. Game over!"

My chest is heaving and my palms are getting sweaty. Lilith grabs my hands in hers, as she holds them against her chest.

I sigh, able to feel how rapidly her heart is beating.

"Are you sure?" she asks, in the quietest voice. "I thought I'd at least have a few days- that we'd at least have more time-" Her broken sentences confuse me. Or do they scare me?

"What are you trying to say, hanii?"

"We're going our separate ways?" she asks again, which alarms me. "Now?"

I pause.

She seems to simultaneously be in shock and in disbelief, but I'm not sure why because this was her idea. Although I never agreed, I just wanted to grant her wishes.

"Yes. It's what you wanted right?"

She stares at me and blinks.

Is she okay?

"That innocent guy I killed, who was he?" Lilith asks and I allow her question to take priority over my concern for her well-being.

"I don't know. Why do you ask?"

Lilith grabs her computer and hands it to me. "I mean think about it. Why would he just be hanging around Stanley, to the point where Stanley sent him to die in his place?"

Now she's got me thinking.

"You're right," I say looking at her and searching up recent breaking news in our area.

"Why is nothing showing up?" Lilith asks and I shake my head.

"I'm not sure, you'd think something like that would be front page."

This whole situation is weird.

"Let's retrace our steps. Sophia killed your mom so we killed Sophia. Then Stanley shows up, announcing that he's her father and in trying to kill him, we kill our John Doe. In the meantime, we find out that you and I were sent together by the same person to kill each other."