34 - ᾧἷṩђ︎ғὗł︎ ҭђ︎ἷᾗќἷᾗʛ

I wished that day had never happened

I wish I had never opened that door.

I wish I could forget the look on the officer's face when he had to tell me that my mother was found dead.

"Good morning ma'am, are you Lilith Violet?"

"Yes," I reply to the officer. Did I finally get caught? Is this about my countless murders? Oh hell, is this about Izanagi?

"Miss Violet, I'm afraid I've got to deliver some bad news." My heart drops. "Your mother, Lilian, was found dead last night. She was stabbed twenty-one times and she died of untreated hemorrhage."

What? My mother ... is ... dead?

"We understand that you're in shock," the other officer says while I'm standing still, unable to say a word, let alone, take another breath. "We've been trying to get ahold of your father but he's stuck in surgery."

Daddy doesn't even know that mom is gone? It's going to crush him.

I can't muster up the strength to say a word. I simply nod my head and clear my throat, an unsuccessful attempt at fighting back the tears creeping up.

"Please leave." My voice comes out hoarse, and as low as a whisper.

"Do you have someone that can stay here with you while you process all of this?"

I nod my head again, and both officers take off their hats and bow, a gesture of respect that does nothing to help. "We're sorry for your loss again, Ms. Violet."

I close the door as soon as they turn around to walk away and let it all flow through me. "No, no, no!" The screams that come out of my mouth are freeing because I let everything out. Every bit of pain that went through me since hearing the news a few moments ago.

As if he teleported, I run to Izanagi as soon as I see him. I run right into his arms.

"Can I get you anything else?" Izanagi asks me, as I lay in a ball on his bed.

"No, I'm okay," I shake my head.

Iznagai's been a great comfort over the past four days. He's been there every time I cried, every time I broke down with laughter because I'm still in shock and slight disbelief. Even when I needed help with taking a shower, he ran me a bath and stayed with me, catching me when I fainted from the steam due to a lack of eating. That also led to him becoming my personal chef, feeding me at least twice a day, whether it be soup because it's all I can manage to keep down or any weird requests I have.