40 - ҭђ︎ἷṩ ἷṩ ʝὗṩҭ ҭђ︎ἔ в︎ἔʛἷᾗᾗἷᾗʛ⚠︎︎

Disposing of Sophia's body was harder than I expected

Disposing of Sophia's body was harder than I expected. Not in the physical sense, but in the emotional one.

Yeah, she killed my mom and dropped a big ass bomb on me that I have yet to wrap my head around, but still, it all starts to sink at the moment Izanagi and I are pulling out her teeth. Whatever we decide to do, we can't leave any evidence, nothing that can link what happened tonight back to us. The most effective way to do it would be to just eat her but we're not that far gone, at least not yet.

As if luck herself was on our side, there is a pig farm about 2 minutes away from where the party is. The remote location of the occasion was helpful because it's an old abandoned house in the middle of nowhere. It helped me kill her, and now, it's going to help me get away with it.

The tricky part was getting her body out of there unnoticed. Izanagi went back upstairs and stole one of the tablecloths. We wrap Sophia in it and come up with the "Halloween corpse decoration" lie if anyone dares notice.

It was easy to carry her to the pig farm and drop her there. It was easy to watch them bite and gnaw at her, eating away every piece of her. It was easy to watch her wither away, with the blood of my mother on her hands.

It is not easy for it to sink in though, to come to the realization that if Sophia is right, then I just killed my sister, I'm adopted and my parents have been keeping it from me for my entire life.

Izanagi and I watch Sophia's body disappear into a pool of mud and nothingness, and I sigh as I try to process it all. I don't even know what to do with everything she said tonight, let alone her teeth.

It's time that I do what I do best. Ignore the situation until I can't anymore. Once her body is taken care of and Izanagi takes me home, I won't think about this night again. I'll simply remember it as the night I avenged my mother's killer, not my best friend and certainly, not my sister.

"You saved her teeth," Izanagi says as we finally finish disposing of everything and walk back to the motorcycle. "A little something for your souvenirs?"

He knows me too well. "Yes. Seems fitting enough."

"Keep those hidden well. All of our tonight won't mean anything if those are found," he politely warns me as he holds my hand.

"Yes, Izanagi. I know."

The ride home is lighter, and less anxiety-ridden than the ride to the party. I accomplished the one thing I sought to do, and it feels a lot less climactic than I thought it would. 

"Tonight was ... eventful." To say the least. I found out my best friend or sister killed my mom, ended up killing her, then fucked my boyfriend right next to her dead body. I feel like there's a ritual of some kind in there but eventful is the only word I can chalk tonight up to. Wait, boyfriend? "Are you technically my boyfriend?" I blurt out to Izanagi who looks up at me, only half-stunned as I am.