{Plot 3}• CHÃPTÉR XX

Zacznij od początku

"That is correct Constantine, I have" he kept his deadly glare directed towards the ages wolf that stood. "But I trust that is not what I have been called here for. Correct?" His eyes swept across their faces, watching as they glanced towards each other. Everyone was present except Elder Azalia who was rumored to be sick and was adviced to accommodate no visitors by the doctor.

Constantine cleared his throat, bringing Darius's eyes back to him, "We understand it has been weeks since the Late Lord Vandal attacked. We have been thinking and discussing amongst ourselves and we think it has been enough time and by now we should know" his words caused Darius to frown deeply, his jaws clenching as the aim of this long talk became aware to him.

He hoped for their sake and for the sake of the very miniscule self control he was exercising at the moment that it was not what he thought they were aiming at "Proceed carefully Constantine" Darius warns in a dangerous thick voice, his anger evidence in the tightness of his jaw. It seemed no one could appreciate his struggle to reign in his anger and all they wanted was for him to loose it and snap their necks like twigs but then the image of his beloved flashed behind his eyes, her big, dark and innocent shards staring back at him. He inhaled a deep breath, his shoulders relaxing but the threat far from extinguished.

Bethel got up, interjecting "Pardon him My Lord. What my fellow council man is trying to say is, we are concerned that the princess consort is.." He dragged, his gaze shifting. If they intended to anger Darius further they had succeeded because now his teeth were clenched, his fists balled and his eyes menacing and stormy.

"Spit. It. Out" he gritted out.

"We are concerned and want to know if the princess consort is with child" Hansell so bravely finished causing Darius's eyes to narrow dangerously.

"What!?" He asked calmly, his countenance the exact opposite. He hoped he had heard wrong and that these old wolves would be wise enough to not repeat themselves. As if knowing things were about to escalate Elders Elfred and Irene remained quietly in their seats as they watched the scene unfold, not once making a sound.

"We wish to know if the princess consort is with child. For Vand-" before Labyrinth could be granted the pleasure to continue a loud deafening growl broke through the air, cutting through the silence and shaking the entire foundation of the castle. Darius had gotten to his feet, a mix of rage, utter bewilderment and danger etched on his features. Immediately the elders were on their knees, the four old men's heads bent in surrender and their forms trembling humorously.

"I told you this before and as you know I am not fund of repeating myself. Nothing happened that night and that is all that will be discussed, do I make myself clear!?" He growled, the council of elders quick to shake their heads in understanding. "My mates honor should never be put into question ever again and if somehow by some chance this type of shit gets to her ears" he paused, making sure they hung off every word. "I don't need to tell you what will come of you"

Darius got off from his seat, turning to walk out of the door but stopped mid step and turned back "And as for the new leader of Jigalia. It will be Lord Mark Anthony" and with that Darius stormed out, heading for one direction. As he got closer and closer to his quarters her sweet scent of vanilla and oats that lingered in the air wafted up his nostrils, effectively calming his muscles and relaxing his shoulders. He inhaled deeply, trying to get as much of the scent as he possibly could. He continued till he arrived at the partially closed doors of the balcony. He took a glance inside to see his beloved, although her back faced him he could tell her eyes were closed as she relished in the soft cool wind that blew across her skin, taking her hair along with it.

She had one of his coats wrapped around her petite form, completely swallowing her. He couldn't help but grin wolfishly at the sight of her little arms being totally consumed by the sleeves, not a single finger of hers in sight. She had her arms wrapped around her, her head titled to the side at which the wind flowed. Quietly, he walked up to her, subtly wrapping his hands possessively around her form. She didn't flinch because she already knew who it was, his musky, spicy scent enveloped her and tantalized her senses. She sighed in content, leaning against his form as his hands rested around her belly, his head falling to the side of her head where he just stared down at her, watching her eyes twinkle as she gazed at the moon. Her radiant shimmer glistened within Audrey's irises, giving the perfect illusion to Darius's thoughts