Chapter 9.1: Ep 4/1

Start from the beginning

Tinn looked at the caller's name, secretly sighed.

"Mom..." He spoke hesitantly, afraid that his mother had caught on to the uproar of the Chinzhilla band.

"Tinn, how's the club budget reduction going?" His mother asked calmly, still seemingly unaware of the fight they created at the bar.

Besides having to organize the School's Activities Fair and participate in the upcoming school president election, Tinn still has to take part in midterm and final term exams like any other student, so his mother was a little worried that her son will be too tired with the huge amount of work. The thing is, she did not know that her precious son still had to work hard from morning to night to make up for the fund.

"Yes, I'm still thinking about it." Tinn then stood up and walked to the kitchen, replying in a low voice so that the other person could not hear the content of his conversation.

"Tinn" his mother said sternly, "I told you so. The school board is in need of a cut down of the clubs' budgets to begin planning for the election. I don't want to use the principal's power to control the student council."

Tinn was silent and did not answer, his heart was tangled. After a period of more than half a month, the money Tinn earned with Tiw's assistance has partly offset the needed amount. Initially, he intended to spend a part of his salary to help Gun's club first and then gradually make up for it to send to the school board, but the current situation appears to have wrecked all of his plans.

"If you are too busy, I can leave this to Kajorn to handle."

"There's no need..." Tinn immediately interrupted her, he knew that Kajorn was a very principled one. If Tinn let this fall into his hands, there would definitely be no other solution to them.

"Alright. Watch out for yourself and don't study too hard."

Since becoming principal, Tinn's mother has been busier and busier, and she has spent less and less time with him. Ever since then, the conversations surrounding the two of them were all about studying and the work of the student council. This time he could go out all because he had the guarantee of Tiw, a good candidate for vice president of the school, who was highly trusted by the school board.

"It's because you're so benevolent."

Tiw often tells him that. That his benevolence will cause him to sacrifice himself too much for the good of the collective. To his subordinates, perhaps they would consider him a good leader. But to his superiors, they would see him as weak and indecisive.

Tinn stroked his face helplessly, tried adjustinng to his usual calm mood, then returned to the sofa where Gun was anxiously looking at him with those eyes that could not hide his curiosity.

"Tinnn..."

Gun spoke first, but then received a tired reply from Tinn.

"There's no problem at all." Tinn forced out an unhappy smile. "I like your singing."

Gun did not like to see such a Tinn, he put the guitar in the corner of the sofa, then sat next to Tinn, who was bowing his head in thought.

"Tin" Gun cupped Tinn's cheeks making him turn to face him. "I'm right here."

Tinn was like a large golden retriever, tilting his head slightly and rubbing his cheek against Gun's palm. He silently enjoyed the comforting feeling right now.

"Gun, I know you don't want to talk about the music club issue." Tinn said honestly, he did not know what to say to make Gun not feel like he was giving him mercy. "Just in case- your club... need..."

Tinn lowered his gaze, glanced to the other side, and muttered gently.

"I can give you some... like around 70,000... I could help you."

Gun froze when he heard this sentence of Tinn.

"Tinn. D-Do you know what you're saying?"

Gun sat back a little, giving Tinn the impression that he had offended him.

"Gun, it's not..."

The confused Tinn wanted to explain, but was stopped by the tip of Gun's index finger on his lips. The sensation of skin-to-skin contact made Tinn feel like an electric current ran through his body, and the part of his lips touching Gun's fingers giving off a strange numbing sensation.

"Can I hug you?" Gun asked an unrelated question "Like right now."

Tinn was perplexed by Gun's request, but he still extended his arms in front of Gun and nodded slightly. A split second later, his arms fell into a soft, pleasant warmth. Gun's hair slightly brushed against his cheek till it itched. When realizing that the other's hands were still firmly clasped behind the back of his shirt, he honestly responded with awkward back rubs.

This was the second time they hugged each other, and each time in Tinn, there were extremely strange emotions. He softly placed his chin on Gun's shoulder, slowly releasing his breath, letting the gentle scent surround him.

"Did you also do this with others?"

Gun pouted his lips and asked, wondering why in the world there is such a nice person as Tinn. But sadly that kindness is not only for him but for everyone. Suddenly thinking about this got him enraged for no reason. He actively let go of Tinn, averting his eyes, waiting for the answer.

Tinn took a few seconds to consider after being abruptly questioned. And his response is always the most truthful.

"If you ask about helping the club, yes." Tinn observed that the other person's brows suddenly furrowed. "But this hug isn't."

Gun laughed, thinking to himself that he was too soft-hearted over simple things like this. Does that mean he is more special than everyone else?

It was enjoyable, but Gun could not help but be concerned. If he did not clear things up with Tinn, maybe Tinn would be stuck with helping out his club forever. Whether Tinn has some invisible obsession with having to help the music club, when no matter in any pasts , Tinn has always been one step ahead of him in this sort of thing.

Things like this did not need to be concealed. Gun had experienced the feeling of not understanding the other had been helping him silently for a long time. When he found out that Tinn was the one who had helped him all along, he felt a mixture of sorrow and despair. He regretted not having appreciated Tinn sooner and could not do anything in return for him. Consider how dreadful it would be if the secret of those day was permanently buried and he would never know how good Tinn was.

That's not to say that he did all this just to repay the past's Tinn. Whether in the past or present, for Gun, Tinn is only one.

"Tinn" Gun moved a little closer to him. "I already know."

Without leaving Tinn to wonder any more, Gun continued.

"About the club budget reduction, the student council regulation..."

Gun looked him straight in the eye. He believes that there is no need for unnecessary explanations between him and Tinn. Just one look containing all the emotions, surely Tinn will understand his heart.

"So let me help you this time. Let me wait for you this time."