-21-

𝑌𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑥 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ ℎ𝑖𝑚. 𝐼𝑡 𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑟. 𝐸𝑛𝑑𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑚𝑜𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔. 𝐸𝑛𝑑𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒. 𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑤𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 ℎ𝑖𝑚. 𝑯𝒆 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑔𝑎𝑚𝑒. 𝐻𝑒 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑒, ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑧𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑦𝑜𝑢 '𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒' 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒.

𝐹𝑢𝑐𝑘 ℎ𝑖𝑚. 𝐻𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡. 𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠. 𝐵𝑢𝑡, 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑒𝑠.

𝐺𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑟𝑖𝑑 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑠 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙. 𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘.

I set my pen down and sat back in my chair. It's still dark out. After they finally decided to get some sleep, not even taking a shower after, I slipped out of her closet and studied her sleeping frame for another hour.

It stank of sweat; disgusting, but I couldn't ease my beating heart of rage with every secons I stared at them both.

I had been over and under her first. She's mine. Mine. Mine! And I was tempted to bash his head in right then and there. But I couldn't. It would scare her.

I need him alone and defenseless. An easy kill, nothing worth the media or the hassle. They still have zero idea of me being out of the hospital so that's one good thing.

So how do I execute this before sunrise? I have no clue. I took my glasses off and set them beside my book.

How, Amelia? How do I get him alone?

I sat there for what felt like forever until I came up with a good plan. I'll poison him.

I got up from my seat and went downstairs to prepare. Being in the kitchen again made me remember the lemonade. Exactly what was that about?

It's obvious that they've been in here, and she said it last night. Whatever she read, about me loving her, wanting her-I stop everything I was doing and I felt a cold sweat run down my spine.

My stash.

I left the kitchen and went right back to my room. With my heart pounding in my ears and my tongue getting dry I tore open my closet.

I moved my boxes of shoes to reveal the little hatchet in the ground. I unlocked it and the little compartment below lit up a faint blue color to illuminate the many books inside.

My eyes drift to the white and withered box beside the many books and I grabbed it.

I took it out and lifted the top, looking inside. I fished through the different letters and photos with shaky hands.

My eyes dart from the different photos and as I got closer and closer to the last one I couldn't help but notice one of them missing.

I swallowed hard.

No.

And finally, the last picture. Her bright smile is the only thing that mirrored back at me. But there's no sign of that photo.