-20-

I had left the hospital in a panicked run. Yes, I ran all the way from the hospital straight back to my house. My shirt is soaked with sweat and my hair is too.

My lungs burned as did my legs. I passed Amelia's house and came to a stop. There's a new car parked out front along with Theo's motorbike.

I got a bad feeling about it all and continued the rest of my way to my house. When I got there I opened the door, seeing that I left it unlocked the night I was sent to the hospital.

I got in and took my shoes off. I went straight to my room and I came back to it just as I left it. However, I felt like there was something off about it.

The bed?

No.

My desk?

I went over to it, looking down and surely there was something off. Her panties are still where I left but my book...it's tilted to the right. I picked up my pen which is resting off to the side and picked it up.

I usually rest my pen close to pages of my book, to the side, never away from it. And my book itself —I shift it back to it's straigtened position as I always have it.

I open it to my last entry and the corner of the page is creased and wrinkled a bit, like someone had been aggressively turning the pages.

I took a seat and picked up my pen.

𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒?

It was the only thing that my brain could think of. Have you been in here? Does she know things? Could it have veen Theo?

I got up and closed my book, setting it on top. I want to know everything I missed the past three days. To clear my head and to think I decided to clean my house thoroughly.

I spent about an hour, mopping, sweeping, duting, polishing. I even redid the dishes. I kept my kitchen window closed, not wanting to alert them of me being home.

I opened my fridge to get me a drink and felt cold. Staring back at me is a jar of peach lemonade.

What is this?

I took it out and examined it. I sniffed it, but it didn't smell of anything but sweet lemonade. Too sweet.

I gaze at the bottom of the jar and noticed a thin line of sugar at the bottom.

It's fresh, but how fresh.

I'm not drinking that. But what does it mean? I emptied the jar and washed it out. Wasting things was always against my religion, but I'm being cautious. That's all.

Something caught my eyes through the round of my eyes and through the crack of kitchen curtain I noticed Amelia.

Her hair are in two buns and she's dressed in a sweat shirt and pants. Walking behind her is Theo. He's dressed the same and he eased her over to the new car that's out front.

Theo opened the door for her and she gave him a kiss on the lips, getting in.

Oh fuck no.

I was gone for too long. Theo closed the door and went around to the drivers side. They were off momentarily and I grinned to myself.

I moved away from the sink, gathering everything up and putting them back to their respectable places.

I took a shower after it all and stayed in there for a while. She, or he, has been in here snooping around. The thought didn't sit well with me and it made me wonder where it is they could be going.