in sickness and in health

sept 29th medical city dallas hospital

sept 29th
medical city dallas hospital

manny twisted and turned and felt that his mouth was incredibly dry. the bed was uncomfortable and he had no recollection of where he was. he opened his eyes to find a bunch of people sitting in his room. he made no sudden movements as he wanted his eyes to adjust to the darkness. he spotted amani and baby sitting together on the couch while the rest of his friends filled sparse spots in the room.

"oh look this nigga finally woke up" one of him and amani's friends, waco, stated. their other three homeboys who occupied the room looked at a still manny laying in bed.

"you got that nigga manny" amani said with a smile. baby couldn't believe the ghetto ness that was surrounding her. she was fuming, her boyfriend almost died and all his friends were concerned about was that he killed sticks.

"whatchu mean?" manny rasped out, again not having any memory of what happened hours before.

"you killed sticky boy" dre, one of their friends, added in. as he said that, the memories came flooding back to his head. he had been in a shootout and he got shot. all he can remember is smelling baby's perfume and her curls tickling his face as she blocked his body with hers. a true ride or die.

manny just smiled as his friends before his eyes and his heart found baby. he looked at her and she stared back at him, trying her hardest not to display her emotions onto her face. "why you not saying nothing?" he rasped out

"cause you're dumb as fuck" baby replied with her arms crossed over her chest, the boys looked at each other with wide eyes. manny tried to take a drop breathe but the sudden movement on his stomach riddled his body with pain. baby noticed and promptly kicked everyone out of the room. "alright y'all get out, we finna be freaky" she said trying to scare them off

"baby come on bro" amani said as she stared at her

"what? get out? i gotta talk to my man" she said as she closed the door behind amani.

manny couldn't lie he was scared of what baby was gonna say. the only thing going through his head is that she would probably leave him because it seemed like every time they were together they were doing something they had no business doing. but he had other plans in mind.

"why manuel? why?" she asked as she sat on his bed and held his hand

"baby i wanted him gone bro"

"i know but it almost cost you your life manny. and i know this is how you lived before me but something has got to give" she started to cry, "what if you died? what if they took you from me?" she started to sob

"i can't even hug you righ now cuz my stomach hurts but i'm sorry. i gotta start livin like i got shit ta lose cause i do." he rubbed her back as he fought his own tears, "i wanna grow old wit you, i wanna have my first baby wit you, i wanna do everything wit you and you only and i almost lost dat today bein dumb" the tears started to fall, "i'm sorry i love you and i would neva do anything to hurt you again" he wiped his face, "and uh, i was gon do something special today fs you but i feel like i ruined it, he reached over to the bedside table and pulled a block box out of the drawer. "i was gon ask if you if would marry me" baby felt her heart drop, "i know we young, hell you only 17 but i know what i want baby. i want you, i swea my heart don't even beat fa my own mama the way my shit beat fa you." he opened the box revealing a fat ring, "i saved up fa this, i wanted it ta be nice. if youn want dis i understand but-" he was cut off by baby's lips laying on his.

"yes yes yes i'll marry you. i love you" she squealed

"what ya family gon say baby?"

"i don't know i just won't tell them, we don't have to get married now we can always wait some years" she reasoned

"you sure baby? you young as hell. you sure you wanna be tied down fa the rest of yo life?"

"yeah i'm sure, i love you and i realized today that if you were to die i couldn't imagine a life without you." she caressed his head, "i'm just scared about what we doing about the distance"

"ion wanna live out hea no mo" he said

"what about amani?"

"he'a be straight without me, i think ima get a nice condo by you so we can be closer type shi"

"really?"

"yeah, if you wanna move in wit me you can"

"i would say yes but i don't know if my mom would let that happen, or even the engagement. i'm not gonna tell her and you can't tell amani, i feel like he's gonna snitch"

"aight baby," he laughed, "you got my word" he stuck out his pinky. she received and they kissed their hands to seal the deal

"so you my fiancé?" he asked

"not until you slide the ring on"

"baby when i do it i wanna do it righ and i can't righ now"

"it's okay it means the same thing for me" he grabbed the box and pulled the ring out before carefully sliding it onto baby's finger

"thea" he said as he kissed her hand after

"we're really engaged" she said as she felt her eyes tear up. she was overwhelmed with love. she know that her and manny didn't even know each for long, but the moment she was willing to take a bullet she knew that she wanted to be with him forever.

"i luh you willow, i luh you so much youn even understand. you my heart outside my chest, you da perfect woman fa me"

the two were truly just crazy kids, in love with one another.