i miss you

september 22nd capitol hill, dc

september 22nd
capitol hill, dc

baby played summer walker lowly as she got ready. she wasn't really a morning person and her mood wasn't the best. the music helped her level herself as she prepared to face the day. manny was going home today and so was amani, she felt alone.

after opening up to manny she realized that their relationship would probably end in a heartbreak. she was attached to him. she hated feeling like she needed something to live; but she couldn't live without manny. she peeked her head around the door way and observed her man peacefully scrolling on his phone as she stared at him.

"wassup mamita" he said while looking at his phone still

"can you bring me to school? i'll let you keep my car for the day" she persuaded

"yeah i'a take you" he said as he slowly rose from the bed to get up and get ready to bring baby to school. as she perfected the smalls details, he did his morning routine and in 20 minutes both were ready to leave the house. manny followed baby out to the garage as she rested her backpack in the backseat of the car and hopping in the front. manny parked his body on the drivers seat as they closed the doors and started the car. he put his hand on babys thigh as he's backed out of the garage.

"you slept good last night?" she as he asked, already knowing the answer

"no. i kept having nightmares"

"about dat boy?" he asked referring to michael

"yeah. i shouldn't have done that" she said in the passenger seat as she played with her fingers.

"baby you ain't do shit wrong. dem niggas was tryna hurt me" he explained, "you woulda been a bad girlfriend if you let dem" baby sat in silence for a few seconds. "you love me right?" he asked

"yeah i love you a lot"

"so jus rememba you did that shit cause you love me" he turned to her. she nodded her head. "comere, give me kiss" he puckered his lips

she did as she was told. he played music in the meantime to keep baby distracted from her own thoughts. as they pulled into her schools parking lot, she dreaded walking in. she didn't wanna feel everybody staring at her. she didn't wanna hear the whispers. she wanted to avoid the situation all together. it was unfortunate and she felt guilty for taking a life but her boyfriends came first.

"aye" he said grabbing her attention, "don't tell nobody you pulled dat trigga. ion want no niggas coming up here tryna get to you while i'm not hea. just don't say nun if someone say something to you tell dem mind dey business unless dey wanna next" he said explicitly

"okay. i will" baby assured him

"i love you aight? i love you more den anything" he said staring into her eyes, something he did often to ensure to the girl he meant what he said.
baby leaned in for a kiss and her delivered. he grabbed her backpack out the back seat for her and handed it to her. "have a good day at school. ima pick you up my flight ain't until lata"