cover up

september 21stcapitol hill, dc

september 21st
capitol hill, dc

amani sat on the phone with his father as he got a lecture about living recklessly. he had explained to his father the situation and was telling amani shouldn't have fought outnumbered.

"it wasn't fa me doe, it was fa baby" he pleaded to his father

"how is she these days? grown up?" he asked trying not to reveal himself

"yeah she cool. got herself a lil boyfriend" he said rubbing his hand over his face. not being to believe that baby was coming up on 18 in november.

"i need to visit yall one of these days" he said "but i got y'all. this is the last time u doing this" his father finished

"okay pops" amani said before the phone hung up

amani and baby had different fathers. their mother was a little indecisive when deciding what to do with her life. she was with amani's father, left him, had baby, and then got back with amani's father. he said he didn't mind but his secrets lurked in the dark— just like him.

he would come home at random times. baby's mom notices he would disappear from the bedroom at weird times of the nights. he was really good to amani and baby, especially baby— he adored her. he would always take her out and do things with her. he would help her with her homework. and it seemed like she loved him back until the end of his relationship with her mom. baby became irritated anytime she had to be around him. she didn't know any better. she didn't know who to tell. all of her problems went away when he moved out. or so she thought.

amani found his way to baby's room and knocked on the door. he didn't want to intrude like he did last time, scared of what he would see. "come in" he heard in a soft voice from the other side of the door. he opened the door to see baby at her vanity and manny laying down in her bed.

"nigga you so lazy" amani said to manny as he laughed

"mane shut yo ass up" he replied rolling his eyes

"baby, it's all handled" amani said talking about her shooting micheal.

"am i gonna get in trouble?" she asked again

"nah. it's all handled don't worry" she nodded her head

"how?" she questioned

"i called my dad" baby froze for a second before she just nodded her head. manny notices his girlfriends off reaction. he made a mental note to ask her why she got weird. "we'll be aight lil bae" amani said to baby. calling her her nickname and closing her door.

she sighed heavily before starting to brush her hair. thinking if she brushed the doctors would go away.

"what's wrong?" manny asked

"nothing" she lied as she brushed harder. tears started to form at the brink of her eyes.

"why you lyin"

"i'm not" she lied again

"why you get weird?" he asked

"i'm not manny fuck. just let me lay down. i just need to lay down" she said as she laid down in the bed. she put her hands on her hand and turned away from manny

he felt his heart get sad before he wrapped himself around her, "what's wrong mamita? háblame bebé." he said as he rubbed her forehead. she turned to him with a sad look in her eyes.

"he touched me" baby broke down as she hugged herself around manny to hide her face

"who?! amani?" he exclaimed

"no" baby cried, "his dad. i've never told anybody" she cried harder, "i feel so nasty"

manny didn't know how to process this information. he didn't know what to say or do. but because he loved baby so much he would try his best. "you not nasty baby. he nasty as fuck. you was just a baby. you can't hold dat in forever baby" manny said as he hugged the girls body"

"do you see me differently?" she asked through her tears

"nah you still my girl" he said as she rocked back and forth holding her small body. she grabbed onto his arm as he kissed her head. she rubbed his hands against her body as she hiccuped. "you're mine" manny started to sing, "and we belong together, yes belong together, for eternity" he sang to baby. he voice was smooth and nice. she could tell he wasn't trying, but even at 25% she could tell he knew how to sing.

"i didn't know you knew how to sing"

"it's my secret. i decided ta share it cus you shared yours" he said to her warming her heart

"i love you so much do you know that?" she said

"yeah i do." he said, "and i love you more and you know that" he looked deeply into her eyes so she knew what he meant what he said

"there's no way you could" she said as she made eye contact with him. they stared at each other in silence for a few seconds before their lips locked. manny didn't make it an overwhelming kiss as he didn't want it to lead to anything else— he just wanted it to be a moment of passion. baby attempted to reach for his pants before he stopped her.

"baby you vulnerable right now, ion wanna fuck you" he said

she laughed, "baby i'm fine come on we haven't fucked since yesterday" she said with a pout

"baby now ain't the time" he said to her seriously

"you don't wanna have sex with me?"

"you just don't me some real ass shit nah ion wanna do you like that" he explained

"i thought you said you wouldn't look at me differently" she argued. they both had valid points and manny knew that.

"baby i see wea you comin from, can you see my side?" he asked, she just stared back, "if you wanna fuck inna hour we can do that but jus not right now. not afta you told me dat it's still fresh" he explained

baby saw his side and thought it was reasonable enough. she nodded her head as she grabbed him, signaling for him to lay on top. "i just wanna be smothered by you right now" she said as he laid on top of her

"i can do dat fa you" he said. their breathing synced and baby eventually fell asleep under her boyfriend.