La Gazzetta dello Sport

December 2025

Charles Leclerc takes third title with Ferrari

After a nail-biting season finale in Abu Dhabi, Charles Leclerc takes the Formula 1 crown in 2025 again, after 2022 and 2024.

A great race against his title rival Max Verstappen makes the 28-year-old a triple title winner with Ferrari.

Completely overcome with emotion, we had a happy but distraught Charles Leclerc on the microphone.

"I am so grateful for the last season. There was so much work from the whole team and everything fell into place. We knew we could do it today but it was just very difficult and still we fought until the last round and it paid off. I'm happy that I made it against such a strong opponent like Max. I'm looking forward to competing with him again next season.".

We had to interrupt our interview briefly at this point, because his younger daughter had found her way to her dad and of course we couldn't disturb the loving scenes.

The young Monegasque seemed much more balanced since his long-term girlfriend and now wife Evelyn Leclerc, sister of Sebastian Vettel, is part of his team again, but at the same time very focused.

When asked what his family means to him, Charles had only one answer:

"Simply everything! I'm also really looking forward to the winter break. Then I'll have time to take care of our house again. After all, we just bought a new house near Seb, because we need to expand." just a few weeks ago, he and Evelyn announced on Instagram the German's new pregnancy "It's still a lot of work ahead of me, but I love it. By now I'm really good at this crafty stuff and I'm fortunately getting a lot of help from Max, Lance, Mick and of course Seb. It's kind of a family project. I love getting our nest ready so our baby can move right into the new house.".

With shining eyes and his daughter in his arms, the Monegasque lost himself in a few tales about the house and the work that still lies ahead of him.

Obviously very happy, he addressed another greeting to his fans:

"I am infinitely grateful for the support I have received in recent years. Also from my fans, of course. This title is also for you. And always remember, your dreams can come true. Sometimes you just have to fight really hard for it. But an end is not always final. Sometimes it just helps to find the focus again and attack even harder.".