perfect moment

*Evelyn*

I had never seen Charles drive like he did this weekend. I didn't know where this sudden push had come from, but it was incredibly nice to see him so motivated and strong on the track again.

Not even Max had been able to keep up with him and he had won Spa, almost with ease.

The satisfied grin had not disappeared from his lips even now, when we were sitting in the plane back. Aly had fallen asleep on his lap and he stroked her hair, grinning broadly as he looked at his phone. He had deserved this. So much.

"How are you feeling?" he whispered, placing the phone on the seat next to him.

"Happy.", I smiled "Except for the constant nausea, just happy.".

My smile reflected on his lips "Shit, I'm happy too." he whispered "I never thought that..." tears immediately welled up in his eyes again "That on the weekend, that was just because of you and Aly and the little pea. I was just so focused because of you guys. I want all of this and you guys give me so much strength. Honestly, I really believe that I can still do it, that I can really still take the title."

"Of course, you can," I assured him.

I had done the math. It was really difficult, but by no means impossible. He would have to win every race, but I believed he could do just that.

"Shit, Evi, you just make this all better. Asking you to help me was the best decision I ever made."

"Charly, you really need to stop swearing so much. We have two kids coming soon who shouldn't be hearing this."

He smirked "Say that again."

"What exactly?"

"That we'll have two kids soon."

"You're going to be a father for the second time in about eight months," I said.

He grinned even wider and held out his hand for me "Come here.".

I put the phone down on the table and dropped into the seat next to him "Fuck I'd like to do you right now..."

"Charly! Language!", I laughed, he pulled me to him.

"Our kids are growing up with Max. It doesn't matter if we swear or not. He'll do it anyway." he laughed and kissed me on the forehead "I wish Papa and Jules would see us. Especially Papa. He always wanted to have lots of grandchildren. A big family.".

"We can go to the cemetery when we get back home."

"No, you don't have to..."

"Charly.", I stroked his hair and leaned my forehead against His.

I could see how it teared Charles up  to visit the cemetery. We had left Aly with his mama and then headed out.

His hand shook as he walked wordlessly through the rows of graves. I had never seen Charles so still. Ever so gently, I closed in on him and took his hand in mine. I just wanted him to know I was there.

His gaze was fixed on his feet, then I could feel him intertwining his fingers with mine and pulling me along with him.

We reached his father's grave and he stopped in front of it. His whole body now began to tremble. Wordlessly, I wrapped my arms around his body. This time I was the one holding him up. Usually he was clearly the stronger part of us, but now it was me. I held him tightly while he began to cry. I just held him tight and pressed my face against his back. I couldn't help but cry as well.

I knew how important family was to him and how much his father meant to him. Still did. I knew how much he missed him, every day, and I could understand.