THIS Charles

*Evi*

After brushing my teeth, I dropped exhausted onto the sofa next to Charles. He immediately wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me to him. I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

I hadn't expected morning sickness to hit me so badly. But it had. I had been running to the bathroom and throwing up every morning for days. At some point I had taken a pregnancy test and to my great surprise it had been positive. The gynecologist visit had confirmed it once again. I had been totally horrified and had not known what to do.

I had been afraid of Charles' reaction.

We had just gotten back together, wanted to take it slow and then I managed to get pregnant directly from him.

I hadn't known what he would say, how he would feel about it. That he would be so happy, however, I had not expected.

He let his hand brush over my belly and pulled me even closer to him.

"Mon cœur.", his voice still quivering with tears "I'm so happy.", he pressed his face into my hair.

"I love you mon cœur.", he whispered and let his hand rest on my stomach.

"Charly.", I lifted my head and looked at him seriously.

I still hadn't said it. Especially since we hadn't seen each other for a few days now. But I had told his daughter that I loved him and I had told his brother too. Only I still hadn't told him that I loved him, even though I did.

I knew I did.

I was freaking carrying his child under my heart and yet it made me incredibly nervous.

"It's okay. You don't have to..." he continued, but I shook my head, interrupting him.

"I do, I just... I'm so damn scared that you're going to leave again and..."

He took my face in his hands. Now he looked at me seriously "I'm not going anywhere. Ever again. As long as you want me by your side, I'll be right there. I'll never leave you alone again. Not you. Not Aly, and not our little pea. I will always be with you. I promise you. Do you hear me?" he kissed my forehead, then my nose, then my lips "I love you and I couldn't be happier than I am right now.".

I let my forehead sink against His "I love you Charly.", I whispered and then closed my eyes. I needed to let that sentence resonate inside me.

I had said it to him back when we had been together. I had said it over and over and meant it every time. At some point he had not said it back and even though I should have suspected it by then, I had absolutely not seen it coming that he would break up with me. At that time I had been so shocked in front of my head.

To say this sentence to him again now felt strange. Even though I had known I still felt it. I had never really stopped feeling it.

He was THE one for me.

No matter what had happened. I would always come back to him. No matter what happened.

In the end, it would always be him. Him and me.

He pulled my face to him and kissed me again "Shit, you don't even know what this means to me." he gulped "I've done so much wrong. Especially where you're concerned and to have this chance again is definitely more than I deserve. And more than I ever expected. I love you so much. I'm so glad you're back with me."

"I love you, Charly.", I repeated, finally feeling that sense of calm move through me again. I had always felt it with him before. He gave me peace. Balance.

I leaned against him again and closed my eyes when a knock was heard at the door.

"Charles. We have to get ready for the free practice. Are you coming?", I recognized Xavi's voice immediately.