our girl

*Evelyn*

"Shh, we have to be quiet, your mommy is still sleeping," I heard Charles voice before I was really awake.

"But mommy makes better pancakes.", Aly whined.

A smile brushed my lips.

"So you're awake?" smirked Charles.

"Yeah, I am now," I replied, opening my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I was actually going to let you sleep.", he leaned over me and gently stroked my cheek "Feel free to lie there for a bit. Aly and I will take care of it.", he pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"It's alright Charles, I..."

"No. Let me do it." he said "I finally have to learn to be a father." he looked at Aly, then back at me "I owe it to you two, you three.".

Then he went into the bathroom with Aly. I turned on my back and took a deep breath. For a moment, all I felt was happiness. But then I heard the footsteps in the hallway and reality hit me again.

Mella.

We would definitely have to find a solution to this. As soon as possible. Hopefully the lawyer would come up with something.

I was about to push myself up out of bed when the door to the bedroom opened. Mella entered without knocking.

"Is Charles here?" she asked, I looked at her completely stunned.

"You can't just come into our bedroom without knocking."

"You see I can. Charles and I are getting back together anyway, so you better not get too comfortable here. Pretty soon I'll be sleeping here again and you can go back to where you came from. Don't think just because he knocked you up that it means anything now. He may be all excited now and act like he cares, but it will pass. Trust me. No matter what he told you, he's going to leave you again. So..."

"Mella!", Charles pushed open the door from the bathroom. I could see his whole body tense up. He was about to explode, but pulled himself together because Aly was standing next to him.

"Talk to Evi one more word and I'll..."

"What then? Are you afraid I'll tell her the truth?" she looked at her watch "Now get ready. We were going to Monaco. I want breakfast there. Breakfast here doesn't work at all."

"We're not going to Monaco," he growled.

"Oh yes we are. You better do what I say or else."

"Or else nothing.", I had never heard his voice so determined "You leave our bedroom now and you don't speak another word to Evi. Do you understand me?"

"Thin ice, Charles, very thin ice." she said, giving him a hateful look.

"Go now." he said again clearly.

I could clearly see how much she hated the fact that he wasn't doing what she asked of him. Her jaw shifted back and forth before she left the room again. Charles took a deep breath, then flopped down next to me on the bed.

"I'll figure something out. I promise." he murmured, then exhaustedly lowered his head to my stomach. He wrapped his arms around me while Aly climbed up into bed with us as well.

"Dad tired?" she asked, stroking his back.

"A little.", he nodded and closed his eyes as I gently stroked his hair "I just want us to finally be happy.", he mumbled "That we can finally...", he took a breath "I'll find a solution.", he pressed his face against my stomach "For us.".

He slowly pushed himself up "Come on Aly, let's go make breakfast so mom can get ready in peace." he lifted her up and gave me a tired smile.

I knew he really wanted to find a solution but had no idea how.

One last Chanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें