close call

*Evi*

We had spent the rest of the day on the beach and also the next two days did not do much, except to sunbathe and swim in the sea.

Tonight we wanted to go out for dinner together. I was just trying to lace up my dress at the neck when my room door was yanked open. Aly came rushing in, panting indignantly, with a completely crooked braid.

"Evi!" she said upset "Daddy not hair right. Terrible!" she threw her arms in the air, I had to laugh.

Charles followed her "Also how are you supposed to do a braid on someone who can't hold still for zero point two seconds?" he seemed something between annoyed and overwhelmed.

Now I had to laugh even more "Not very helpful, Evi.", he puffed and dropped down on the bed next to me.

"You can tie a bow, can't you?", I asked.

He looked at me like I was kidding him. "You can tie a bow, can't you?", I repeated, he nodded "Good. Why don't you close my dress for me, I'll take care of Aly's hair.", I lifted his daughter onto the bed in front of me and waited for him to take the straps out of my hand and start knotting.

Meanwhile, I undid Aly's braid, aligned her head towards the mirror, and then smoothed her hair with my fingers. I didn't miss the look Charles gave me as he fastened the back of my dress.

Damn.

We'd just made it clear that nothing more was going to happen between us again, and all I could think about was stealing into his bed tonight and pressing my body against his.

Fuck I wanted to feel him again.

His hand slid down my back.

Very stupid idea Evi. You know how that turns out. Still, I bit my lower lip and then looked back at Aly, who was sitting perfectly well-behaved and still in front of me.

"I swear she wasn't this quiet with me," Charles said.

His hand slid from my back to my hip to my thigh. The fabric of the dress was thin as hell and I felt the heat of his hand. Our eyes met in the mirror.

My heart hammered in my chest. How confused could anyone possibly be? God sometimes I really was the person who couldn't make a right decision.

I made Aly a high braid "Better?", I asked, the little girl nodded in satisfaction.

"You daddy show. Not good.", she shook her head and turned to her daddy now.

I laughed "I'll show your daddy how to do it. I promise.", I winked at her "And you must be hungry now."

"Very hungry!" she said and climbed over my lap onto Charles' lap.

"Good, I guess we can go then, right?", I pushed myself up off the bed.

Charles let his eyes slide up and down me "You look stunning.", his voice was all soft all of a sudden.

He stood up next to me and let his free hand slide to my chin "I like you best like this. No makeup. Just you.", he whispered and was already way too close to me again.

"Daddy Evi now kiss?" asked Aly confused, making me immediately take a step back.

"No, no kiss.", I laughed nervously "But we're going to eat now. Because I'm about to starve too.".

I reached for Charles' free hand and then pulled him along. His fingers immediately intertwined with mine. I glanced back briefly and could see him starting to grin.

He made my heart race so much that I almost went crazy.

I let my thumb slide through his palm. The voices of the others could be heard below. I let go of his hand again, but could feel that he had caught up to me and was now walking right behind me.