18. Bird Brain

Bad dreams / Sandor Clegane out now!

"Jaime, welcome back." Tywin remarked. 

"WHat happened to Cersei?" Rieka demanded. 

"She is fine, and I have a plan to deal with-" Tywin began but Jaime marched past him. 

"Cersei!" Jaime called out. 

"Let me see her." Tywin requested and Rieka smiled brightly. 

"Leona, meet your evil grandfather, Tywin." Rieka remarked picking her up from the little rolling stroller Jaime had made for her. Tywin smiled until he saw her, then a scowl covered his face. 

"Heavens not again." Tywin demanded. 

"She is perfect." Rieka corrected. "And if you dare say a single bad thing about my daughter, I will hurt you." she warned letting him imagine the type of pain she would inflict. 

"Jaime allowed this?" Tywin scoffed. Rieka kneed him in the cock and Tywin doubled over. 

"What were you saying? About my perfect little girl?" Rieka clarified. Tommen's jaw dropped seeing them. "Go on, I have a better aim now to break a few teeth while you kneel at my feet." Rieka seethed. Tywin clutched his manhood in pain but said nothing. "Thought not." Rieka agreed. 

"Lady RIeka." Tommen remarked softly as he swallowed the lump in his throat. 

"Tommen honey!" Rieka declared.  "How are you? I heard a bit about... what happened but, how are you?" TOmmen shrugged. 

"I'm a bad king." Tommen murmured. 

"You are not, the sparrow thinks himself a God, he should be punished not you." RIeka assured. "Your mother and Margaery didnt do anything to deserve such punishment."

'He doesnt think so." Tommen countered, Leona smiled sticking her tongue out at Tommen. "Your daughter is beautiful." Tommen remarked.

"Thank you, I think so to." Rieka agreed. "Leona, this is your... Cousin." RIeka realized. TOmmen was her nephew, had been her nephew since she married Tyrion and then married Jaime. But he was always Tommen, not family, just a sweet boy. Cousins. "Leona, Tommen." 

"Hello Leona." Tommen remarked reaching out and she grabbed his finger giving it a shake. 

"I should be finding your mother." Rieka remarked touching Tommen's cheek. 

"She would like that." Tommen agreed. "She hasnt come out of her room since..." 

"Yes, since." Rieka agreed as she put Leona back in her stroller. 

Cersei had one word for Rieka upon seeing Leona. 

"Tyrion." 

"You be nice to my daughter or I put you through hell... worse than that sparrow you hired." Rieka warned. "I brought your father to his knees, I'm not afraid of lions." 

"You brought father to his knees?" Jaime questioned. 

"I told you I wanted to kick him in the balls." Rieka reminded him. Jaime laughed out. "Cersei, please, what are we going to do?" 

"I dont know Rieka," Cersei whimpered. "I really dont know, I just... I feel like... I just..." Jaime took Leona and Rieka hugged Cersei. 

"We are here, right here." Rieka assured. "Whatever you need." 

"I want - I need, I NEED-" Cersei reiterated. "-them to burn." 

"I think we can arrange that." Rieka offered. 

"Don't turn into your mother, Leona." Jaime mused. "She has murder on her mind." 

"Better on my mind than in my hands, right?" Rieka countered. 

+
'Your grace, my lord... my lady.''

'I want to see my wife.' Tommen demanded. 

'The guards have requested that she seek penance for her crimes the king must wait as well.' High sparrow informed him.

"Tommen can you check on Leona? She was sleeping in your mum's chambers and we need a word with bird brain a moment longer." Rieka requested, Tommen nodded heading out. "Jaime." Rieka gestured to him as the door sealed shut. 

''You're a bold man.' Jamie said back to the sparrow.

''On the contrary I fear a great deal, the father the mother the warrior,' he smiled to himself.  ''do you know why we use stones?' the sparrow questioned 'to remind us not to fear death we close our eyes in this world but open them in the next.''

''You must laugh at the next life.' Jaime remarked.

''In truth I fear that too.''

''You humiliated my sister.'' Jaime barked. 

"She was trying to bring justice to the wicked ways and you repay her by making a mockery of her and the crown." Rieka agreed. 

''Your sister sat for God's mercy and atone for her sins.'' Sparrow corrected.

'What about my sins!' Jaime questioned 'I broke a sacred oath and stabbed the kings Hand in the back I killed my own cousin, I stabbed the king in the back, when the gods decide their judgment I helped my brother escape justice... what atonement do I deserve?' Jamie demanded taking threatening steps forward. Rieka seemed like an angel compared to Jaime but she always did muse about having a tilted halo. 

''If you spill blood in this holy Place...' the sparrow warned.

'Oh, the gods won't mind.' Jaime told him.  

"they spill more blood than the rest of us combined.' Rieka agreed. 

''Go on then I deserve it.' the sparrow told him 'we all are but weak vain creatures we live only by the mothers mercy.' The sparrow told them, soon they were surrounded, Rieka sucked in a tight breath really wishing she brought a blade but they were in a holy place and that didnt seem right. Now she thought fuck whats right and kill this evil man but she didnt want to die trying, didnt want Jaime dead trying to avenge his sister. 

''They should be closer if they mean to save you.' Jaime threatened but he pulled Rieka closer behind him. 

''They don't. I know they won't reach me before you struck.' the sparrow said but looked around at all his worshippers contently. 

''I fought against worse odds.' Jaime said confidently.

'No doubt many of us would fall but who are we? We have no names no families everyone of us is poor and powerless and yet together we can overthrow an empire.'