Chapter 21

Jessica's pov

I have been home from the hospital for about an week now and things are slowly starting to go back to normal. I haven't gone back to school yet, Dean is still in jail and isn't getting out anytime soon, my mum is slowly starting to forget about Dean. I know it will take a long long time before any of us start to forget about what happened but we are getting there. It is my mums birthday today and me, Nancy and Lee are going into town to look for presents for her. We left it last minute as usual. I am still on crutches so my dad said that we could use his car. I am still in bed and its 10 o'clock and we are leaving at 12. I decided to get out of bed and get changed. I changed into a striped donald duck top, white skinny jeans, a grey hollister hoodie, white converse, I decided to use my floral print river island purse, white backpack and my minnie mouse iphone cover. I decided to put on a small bit of concealer, foundation, mascara, eye liner and nude lipgloss. After doing my makeup I put my hair in a fishtail. After I was finished I went into the kitchen. My dad was sitting at the table on his phone. ''Morning dad'' ''morning princess, here let me get that for you'' he said while pulling the chair out for me, since I got out of hospital my family have treated me like I am going to break but I don't blame them. ''What would you like for breakfast'' ''some toast please'' ''ok'' just then Nancy and Lee walked into the kitchen. ''Morning'' I said to the both of them as they walked in. ''Morning'' they both sat down and dad made us breakfast. After we ate we decided to go shopping. ''You ready'' Nancy asked me. ''Yep'' I said while grabbing my bag and putting it on my back. After I got down the stairs very slowly we left. After about 20 minutes we arrived in town. We decided to go into starbucks first. I got a berry refresher, Lee got a caramel frappe and Nancy got a strawberry cheesecake frappe. After starbucks we decided to go to the perfume shop. I decided to buy my mum the girgio armani perfume si that she has wanted for ages. After the perfume shop we went into superdrug where Nancy bought mum some makeup and some stuff for her hair. My mum has been giving us hints for the past two weeks. After that we went into river island where Lee bought mum a 50 pound gift card.After we finished buying the presents we went into Waitrose and bought a cake mix and some sweets. After we had finished we went into nandos to get some lunch I got a chicken burger, chips and a coke, Nancy got the same as me but she got spicy chips and Lee got spicy chicken wings, chips and a coke. Once we finished we got back in the car and went back to the pub. When we got home Nancy said she would put my bags upstairs and that she would hide the present for me. I sat down at the bar talking to my mum when my phone rang. It was an unknown number but I guessed it was one of my friends I had forgotten to put some of my numbers in my phone when I got it. I went outside and answered it.

(J-Jessica, C-Caller)

J-hello

C- *heavy breathing*

J-hello who is this

C-*heavy breathing*

Seen as no one answered I hung up. I went back into the pub. ''Where were you'' my dad asked me. ''My phone started to ring so I went outside to answer it'' ''who was it'' ''no one answered it was just some heavy breathing'' ''what was the number'' ''here'' I said while handing my dad my phone. My dad looked at the number but didn't know who it was so he gave me my phone back. I decided this would be the best time to make mums cake seen as she was busy working. "Dad could you keep mum busy while I make her cake" "of course I will". I went upstairs and found Nancy watching tv, "Nancy will you help me with mums cake" "ok". After about an hour we were done it was a vanilla sprinkle cake. We ordered mums favourite take out which was pizza and put everything in the kitchen. We set all the presents and food up on the table and then turned off the lights and went into the sitting room. I texted mum asking her to come upstairs. " Jess you ok" "could you get me a drink please" "is that what you texted me for" "yeh" " ok". She left and we all followed her with out her knowing. When she opened the door she was really surprised. "Happy Birthday" we all shouted. We sat down gave mum her presents and ate the food. I had bought some flower wrapping paper when were in town and I got her a card that has 'much joy on your birthday' and has flowers on it. Nancy and lee got her a card the has a cake on it. We spent the rest of the night eating, watching movies and having fun.

A/N I have just gotten WiFi and I am on my summer holidays so I will be updating all of my books more regularly. Also I have a new book called my trip to Florida so please check it out. This was a bit rushed I wrote this chapter in the car. I will be putting a lot of pictures of the clothes and sometimes food because I have so much free time. Danielle x