Chapter 17 part 4

Linda's pov

After they wheeled Jessica into resus I sat down in the waiting room. I was sitting waiting when Mick and the kids arrived. ''How is she'' Mick asked. ''I don't know they won't tell me anything'' Mick came over and sat down beside me and put his arm around me. How did we let this happen, I couldn't stop blaming myself if I had gone to the police station earlier then this wouldn't have happened. She shouldn't have to go through any of this she is only a child and she has gone more heartache in the past few months than most people do in their life. Doctor walked out and came into the waiting room he didn't look happy. ''Family of Jessica Carter'' ''that us'' I said while we all stood up. ''How is she'' Nancy asked. ''We had to take her into surgery to stop the bleeding. One of the bullets hit her lung which caused it to collapse and fill up with blood, the other bullet went into her kidney and she has a ruptured spline. We have put a chest drain in to remove the fluid from her lung and we will have to operate on her lung and spline but we can't operate until her stats improve at the moment she is too weak to have surgery. There is a lot of damage done her kidney we might be able to fix but there is chance we won't be able to fix it'' ''what will happen if you can't fix'' ''we will have to remove it. But there is no point worrying about that unless it comes to it we just have to tell you.'' ''Can we see her'' ''You will be able to see her in about ten minutes she is just coming down from surgery. We have had to put her in a coma because at the moment she is unable to breath by herself. I'll come and get you when you can see her'' ''ok thank you doctor''.

Mick's pov

The doctor has just left after telling us how Jessica is. I decided I would go and ring Tina and Elaine as we had to wait to go in and see Jessica. ''L I am going to go ring Tina and Elaine'' ''Ok''. I walked out of the hospital and rang Tina first. T-hello M-hi tina it's mick. T- how's Jessica M- she is out of surgery they stopped the bleeding but she is still in critical condition they have put her in a coma because she can't breath by herself. I can't lose her T- you're not going to lose she is a fighter like her dad. What other injuries does she have M- she has a collapsed lung and it's filling up with fluid and she has a rupture spline and severe damage to her kidney. I have to go I need to ring Elaine I will ring you later. T- ok bye M-bye. I hung up and dialled Elaine's number after two rings she answered. M- hi Elaine E-Hi Mick is everything ok you sound upset M- you know how Dean raped Linda E- yeh M- well we went to the police yesterday and today Dean came into the pub with a gun E- oh my god is everyone ok M-he shot Jessica E- is she ok M- she is out of surgery they stopped the bleeding but she is still in critical condition they have put her in a coma because she can't breath by herself. She has a collapsed lung and it's filling up with fluid and she has a rupture spline and severe damage to her kidney. E- I am coming to the hospital no arguments M-ok I will see you then bye E- bye. I hung up and went back into the hospital. I walked into the waiting room and sat back down beside Linda. ''Your mum is on the way she said she was coming even if we told her not to'' ''ok'' the doctor walked in. ''You can see her now'' we followed him into a room and saw Jessica lying on the bed she looked so pale and fragile.