Chapter: 19

Anonym’s view

Days and weeks passed, and the seven boys worked too hard. They slept very little, ate very little, and worked too much.

Other agencies attacked them from all sides, blackmailing them, spreading rumors, accusing them of lip-syncing, and trying to bring them down. Even some idols started making fun of them.

The boys were preparing new songs, but the company didn't have enough money to produce music videos or promote the new songs.

The seven boys sat in the seating room, discussing the situation.

Yoongi spoke up, "You know what? I was talking with GDragon about random things, and suddenly he asked me what was written on my clothes. I couldn't answer because I didn't know. It was just a hoodie I bought for only 14 USD."

Namjoon sighed and said, "And for me, because I chose to become an idol and be in a group with you guys, the others are insulting me, disrespecting me, and saying that I don't have the right to claim that I was a part of the underground rappers. They forget that I'm still young. How can they harass me like that?" Namjoon's eyes started tearing up. "But honestly, I don't regret it. I'm happy to be in a group with you all." Namjoon continued with a sad smile.

Yoongi looked at Namjoon and added, "Do you remember that interview when it was just you and me against that rapper?"

"Yeah, I remember," Namjoon replied.

Yoongi shifted his gaze to the other members and said, "He called us girls because we wear makeup for our stage performances or photoshoots."

Jin chimed in, "Several people told me that we would never make it because we're under a small company. But they didn't know that we trust each other, and we will succeed."

"And for me, during fansigns, some fans avoid me. I don't know why. Am I that bad that fans don't accept me?" Taehyung's face and eyes were full of sadness. Jungkook placed his arm on Taehyung's shoulder to comfort him, and Jimin hugged him. Jin reassured Taehyung, saying, "Yes, I've seen it happen many times, but don't worry. It's probably because of the lack of promotions. And that you are the secret bullet, but be sure, soon more fans will get to know you."

A few minutes later, Namjoon received a phone call.

"PD-nim called me, and I'm going to meet him in his office," Namjoon informed the other six members.

*Namjoon's view*

On my way to the company, my heart was racing as if something bad was about to happen. But I tried to calm myself down, telling myself that everything would be okay.

I arrived at PD-nim's office, took a deep breath, and knocked on the door, seeking permission to enter.

PD: "Namjoon, come in. Have a seat."

After exchanging greetings, i took a seat and said, "You called me, sir. If it's about the new songs, they are almost ready. We are currently working on the 'N.O' era."

PD cleared his throat and said, "Actually, I didn't call you about that. You see, we are in a very bad financial situation. The budget we prepared for the full project album's promotion and music video for your group is not enough. So we are considering terminating the group's contract." i was taken aback, my face filled with sadness, my eyes welling up. "But Namjoon, what about you? Would you like to go solo by yourself?"

i looked into PD-nim's eyes and firmly and replied, "No, PD-nim. Bangtan is Bangtan. I won't do anything without them."

"Then, you're willing to sacrifice for them?" PD asked me.

i nodded and said, "Yes, sir. Wherever they go, I'll go with them. But please, give us a chance. We are working on a music video for a song called 'I Need You.' I'm sure we can do it. Just give us a chance to continue as a group," i pleaded, my voice trembling, tears threatening to fall.

PD took a deep sight and said, "But Namjoon, the problem isn't about the boys or the group. The problem is that we don't have enough money, not even for the music video you're planning to make."

"Okay, then we don't need money from you, at least for this music video. Just let us do it under the group's name, please, PD-nim," i continued pleading, my voice desperate, my tears on the verge of falling.

PD took another deep sight and finally said, "Alright, Namjoon. Do what you want. And you know if there's anything I can support you with, just let me know."

"Thank you, thank you so much, PD-nim. I'm sure you won't regret this decision," i expressed my gratitude, bid farewell to PD, and left the office.

***

See you next chapter