CHAPTER 10 : far from eyes, not far from heart

Summer 2012

*Jungkook’s View*

The day had finally arrived. I meticulously packed my bags for my journey to LA, where I would be training at the renowned Movement Lifestyle dance facility. It was a significant step in my career, but as excited as I was, a tinge of sadness crept in. For the first time since we met, I would be far away from my hyungs, and in particular, Taehyung.

Taehyung had always been by my side—playing games together, supporting me unconditionally, and even taking punishments meant for me. He had become an irreplaceable presence in my life, and the thought of being without him felt daunting. As I gathered my belongings, Taehyung approached me with his boxy smile.

"Yah, Jungoo-ah, don't forget this hoodie. Pack some warmer clothes too, not just t-shirts," he said, handing me a black hoodie.

"But hyung, it's summer. It's already hot here, and it'll be even hotter there," I replied, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Who knows, maybe the weather will change, and it might get colder. Better to be prepared," Taehyung said, casually placing the hoodie in my bag.

Sighing, I said, "Hyung, please don't fuss over me like my mom. I've told you it's summer, and it's hot enough already."

"Just take it. I don't want you falling sick, okay? Oh, and don't forget your Iron Man plushie. Hug it when you sleep. I've put a piece of my heart inside so you'll feel my presence and never feel alone," Taehyung added, his boxy smile brightening my world.

"Of course, I'll take it," I replied, feeling my cheeks flush slightly. ‘Why do I get so flustered around him?’ I wondered silently to myself.

******

*An Anonymous veiw*

Days passed, and Jungkook found himself immersed in his training at the Movement Lifestyle dance facility in LA. Meanwhile, each of the other six members took some time off to relax and spend it with their families.

Taehyung, too, embraced the opportunity to be with his loved ones. He played with his little cousins, cherishing their laughter and innocence. As he enjoyed his time with family, his phone suddenly rang, interrupting the joyful atmosphere. Taehyung answered the call without checking the caller ID, his cheerful voice echoing, "Yaboseyo?"

The voice on the other end responded, "Hyung, it's me, Jungkook."

"Oh, Goua! Sorry, I was playing with my little cousins and answered the phone without checking who was calling. How are you? How's your training going?" Taehyung asked, genuinely curious.

Jungkook replied, "Yeah, I'm trying my best. The teacher told Sejin hyung that I'm doing well, and I'm picking up the moves quickly."

Taehyung's voice brimmed with confidence as he said, "I always knew you would excel. I have complete faith in you."

Silence hung on the line for a moment, prompting Taehyung to inquire, "Gouha, is everything okay? Why aren't you saying anything?"

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, then finally confessed, "It's just... I miss the hyungs, and... I miss you."

A soft sigh escaped Taehyung's lips as he replied, "I miss you too, my Gouki. I hope you come back soon, and we can play games together again, okay?"

Jungkook's smile grew wider, and he responded, "Okay. Goodbye, and see you soon."

Jungkook continued his rigorous training at the Movement Lifestyle dance facility in LA. Each day was filled with intense practices, pushing him to his limits. Despite the physical exhaustion, he poured his heart and soul into every dance move, determined to grow as an artist.

As the weeks passed, Jungkook found solace in the routine. But amidst the excitement of his progress, there was a void that only Taehyung's presence could fill. Late nights were the hardest. Jungkook would lie in bed, clutching the Iron Man plushie that Taehyung had given him. The small token brought him comfort, reminding him of their unbreakable bond.

Every night, Jungkook eagerly checked his phone, waiting for Taehyung's messages. Each text from his hyung brought a smile to his face and warmed his heart. It was a comforting reminder that even though they were apart, their connection remained strong.

Taehyung, too, missed his maknae immensely. The days seemed longer without Jungkook's infectious laughter and mischievous antics. He would find himself scrolling through old photos of their adventures together, reminiscing about the moments they shared.

To cope with the distance, Taehyung immersed himself in his artistic endeavors. He spent hours honing his drawing skills, channeling his emotions onto the canvas. Each stroke of the brush became an expression of his longing, a testament to the depth of their friendship.

Late at night, when the world was quiet, Taehyung would gaze at the artwork he created. The lines and colors danced before his eyes, carrying the essence of his affection for Jungkook. It was a cathartic release, a way for Taehyung to pour his feeling into something tangible.

****

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the day of Jungkook's return arrived. The other members eagerly gathered at the airport, unable to contain their excitement. Taehyung's heart raced as he stood amongst his hyungs, anticipation coursing through his veins.

As Jungkook stepped off the plane, exhaustion evident on his face, he scanned the crowd. Then his eyes locked with Taehyung's, and a radiant smile illuminated his features. Without hesitation, Taehyung rushed forward, enveloping Jungkook in a tight embrace.

Their laughter filled the air, echoing the joy of their reunion. In that moment, distance melted away, and the bond between Taekook grew stronger than ever. They knew that no matter the physical separation they endured, their hearts would always remain intertwined.

*****

See you next chapter