Politeness and Cup Cakes

Start from the beginning

I pull up in front of her house and see Low standing in the driveway. I get out of my truck and walk up to her. She has on white jean shorts that make her legs look extremely long. She is also wearing a green button down shirt along with her signature chucks. Her hair is pulled halfway up into a clip at the back of her head which shows off more of the turquoise than what usually does. I don’t even know if she is wearing any makeup, but she definitely doesn’t need it. The girl looks freaking amazing and makes me about ten times as nervous as I already am. 

Her eyes run up and down my body and I can tell that she is checking me out. God this is weird. Usually we stare at each other in disgust, at least up until lately when all this shit happened. Now I am staring straight at her and she is doing the same to me. But, I gotta admit, her checking me out is nice. I grin down at her and when she sees that i caught her, both cheeks flush bright red. We both stand there awkwardly for a minute and I swallow, trying to clear my throat. 

“Um, can I take your bag for you?” I ask.

“Sure.” she hands her bag over and I put it in the trunk along with mine. I open the door for her and she slides in before I run around to the other side and hop into my seat. I pull out of her driveway and we make out way to school.

Neither of us says a word and I feel extremely uncomfortable. She is fiddling with her hands and I am gripping the steering wheel extremely tight.

“Do you feel as uncomfortable as I do?” she asks in a small voice that is filled with tension.

“God yes!” I breathe out. She looks over at me with a serious face and all of the sudden breaks out laughing. I stare at her like she is completely losing her mind while she is laughing like a hyena.

“What?”

“W-why are you acting s-so different?” she breathes out in between all of her laughter. “You opened the fricken car door for me! I can’t believe that you actually did that! Who are you and what have you done with the rude version of Seth?” she leans over in her seat and lies her head on the dashboard. After a couple of minutes, her body stops shaking from all of her laughter and she is able to sit up again. She looks at me and I can tell that she is trying not to laugh again. “Why are you acting so different around me? I didn’t ask for Prince Charming when I said that I would go out with you Seth.”

“So you want me to be rude?” I ask her in disbelief.

“No! I just want you to be how you normally are. I can’t believe I’m going to say this but if I started liking you when you were an asshole, I’m pretty sure that nothing is going to change, well at least for right now.”

I stop when the light in front of me turns red and look over at the girl sitting next to me.

“Okay, well then you look like a freaking maniac when you laugh like that,” I tell her.

She looks over at me, then reaches over and pecks me on the cheek. I can feel my nervousness fade away as shock replaces my worry over what just happened.

The rest of the car ride to school we are more relaxed, so we go back to our bickering selves. She tries to argue with me about the music that I have in my car again.

“Seriously! If you ever want me to ride in your truck again, I need to educate you on good music.” I can’t take her bashing my music anymore so I just roll my eyes. 

When we pull up to school she is nervous again. She is twisting her hands together and biting her upper lip. I reach over and grab her hands. I pull her left away from her right and interlock her fingers with mine. There is a small tingling feeling where our skin touches.