~24~: A quiet life or not?

Start from the beginning

Well fluff was always something which could melt a girls and boys heart pretty easily.

Even Ilya seemed to enjoy being with these animals. Though I was sure I was enjoying this a lot more.

"Vivi!"

"Ilya, what's up?"

This little guy would come running calling my name over and over these last few weeks. It was ever after he learned my name that he would do that. He might be a bit older than me but he was definitely a trouble maker. Of course this boy told me stories about things he proudly did but in reality he just caused either havoc or chaos. However he was definitely skilled and no one could tell him anything about that. He might be young but he was definitely above the average level of a mage at that point. I might also be wrong for thinking like that but I knew from the book's content that he had a lot of potential in him. Besides the Tower Master was doting on him and it was pretty obvious when they were both here.

Then again what did you expect from the next tower master?

"I need your help!"

"My help?"

"Yeah! I know I shouldn't ask this but I have too!"

"Calm down. What happened?"

"It's terrible!"

"Ilya, calm down."

"No! There is no time for this."

First I thought he just ran here because he was excited like always but when he got closer to me, I realized that his face was not one of excitement but worry and panic. Something had happened and for Ilya to come running towards me meant that there was no other way out than to ask me for help.

"Breathe and tell me what happened."

"There is no time for this!"

"There is always time for this. What do expect me to do when I get there not knowing what happened?"

"Ahm.... I am sorry."

"It's okay. Just tell me quickly what happened."

"The king's knights came and the prince was with them!"

This can't be good!

I knew that the prince of this kingdom was the worst man there could be. From the outside he appeared to be gentle but he was rotten to the core from the inside. He was evil in person. What people knew about the prince with golden hair was only that he was gentle and liked to help out poor people. He had a lot of charity events and would go out of his way to improve his image. Well that was the rundown of the good side.

The bad side of this rotten apple was that the prince killed his own siblings with poison so he could take over the throne one day. Back then he was the third child of a concubine. Not only that but he killed his own mother too. No one knew that a six year old child could even do something like this. Well his mother kinda did since he started killing off his pet birds one by one and usually would harm his servants too. However no words were allowed to get out and so the servants who witnessed this cruelty were all killed. Of course they were switched out and when he finally became the corn prince, all the servants inside the castle knew not to talk about what they saw or their lives would be over. That was a matter of fact which the public never learned about.

Seeing as he was here, could only mean one thing. He wanted something from the tower which would give him the ultimate power to control the people.

"What happened next?"

"We are not obligated to let them in and our tower master refused to let them in."

"Alright but how do you need help then?"